Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every thread I can find is asking the other way around, and the answer is either "yeah but it'll kill your bearings"/"no it won't work" (possibly because of the bearings?) - I know I want the z6 dampened pulley and I want to keep my AC/PS - will this work on my b2?

·
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rib count on the b2 is 3 and 4 for the z6 so the belts won't fit on there.
I'd be swapping the AC/PS/ALT+brackets over from my Z6, would it work then?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
yes it should work. but my question is why do you want to swap pully's? the weight differance is incredible, its gonna take longer to rev. i had a z6 in my 94 dx hatch and i used the b7 pully on it cause it was lighter, i pulled that engine out with to tuck an shave my bay it has 293k and 180k of it had the b7 pully on it and it never hurt anything, the bearing in that engine look great besides the normal high milage wear

·
Registered
650 Posts
Rib count on the b2 is 3 and 4 for the z6 so the belts won't fit on there.
It's a ribbed belt (for her pleasure) so it won't jump. A 3 rib belt would work fine on there.

Since he's swapping everything over, however, that doesn't matter.

·
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it should work. but my question is why do you want to swap pully's? the weight differance is incredible, its gonna take longer to rev. i had a z6 in my 94 dx hatch and i used the b7 pully on it cause it was lighter, i pulled that engine out with to tuck an shave my bay it has 293k and 180k of it had the b7 pully on it and it never hurt anything, the bearing in that engine look great besides the normal high milage wear
because I want to keep PS/AC and I'm like 99% sure the B2 I have didn't come with AC to begin with.

I've got a 15G to take care of making it rev faster :TU:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts