Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts
Flywheels are the same but the splines for the cable a6 transmission depending on the year are different and will not work on the transmission.

Edit I know the 88-89 Cable trans have different spline counts I am sure if a search is done this has been discussed but I have not dealt with a Cable D trans since 1996 so my recollection is foggy

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts
Its hydro but your specifying a a6 block, I see the EG in your avatar but was playing it safe confirming your using a hydro transmission.
1992-2005 Flywheels are same bolt pattern to bolt onto the crank
1992-2005 EX clutches are all the same splines for the clutch

I am not 100% sure but I believe the CX DX EX/Si splines are all the same between the years 92-05 for the clutch to fit the transmission. Can anyone confirm?

D16A6
Also known as D16Z2.
* Found in:
* 1988-1991 Honda Civic Si, CRX Si,90-91 Civic EX (4dr,A/T), Civic Wagon RT4WD was Cable trans unless your engine is from the UK the A6 was produced until 1996. 92+ are hydrolic

·
Registered
2005 Civic Si
2,779 Posts
Flywheels are the same but the splines for the cable a6 transmission depending on the year are different and will not work on the transmission.

Edit I know the 88-89 Cable trans have different spline counts I am sure if a search is done this has been discussed but I have not dealt with a Cable D trans since 1996 so my recollection is foggy
WRONG!

splines are the same, pressure plate bolts differently

I know this for a fact because, Im running my 91' CRX Si D16a6 flywheel in my 97' delsol with a d16a6 clutch disc/pressure plate BUT with a d16z6 throwout bearing

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts
WRONG!

splines are the same, pressure plate bolts differently

I know this for a fact because, Im running my 91' CRX Si D16a6 flywheel in my 97' delsol with a d16a6 clutch disc/pressure plate BUT with a d16z6 throwout bearing
You don't have to be so BLUNT!
My original post was regarding the flywheel was
1992-2005 Flywheels are same bolt pattern to bolt onto the crank
I never got as far as the PP to flywheel he was asking if the clutch kit would work on an A6 block... as for his kit does it include a flywheel? or just disc and pp.
used flywheel is cheaper to find than a whole new transmission if the spline counts were on a 88-89 A6 Cable trans. The OP was vague in its question and lacking information.

·
Registered
civic lol
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stock b7 transmission with zc nonvtec block and z6 head ... stock zc flywheel.. d16 z6 clutch kit only comes with pp and disc.. sorry for not posting this info earlier

1 - 9 of 9 Posts