Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
d series non vtec heads flow 38 cc....so whats the diffrence in which 34.2 is the d16z6 cc flow and the cc flow at vtec?....or is the cc number its number in whole?.....hmm..

38 cc > 34.2 IMO

·
Registered
639 Posts
That is combustion chamber size. Not how much the head flows!

·
Registered
639 Posts
who are you talking to!

·
Registered
639 Posts
http://www.zealautowerks.com/dseries.html

Select the different heads and it will give you the different volumes of the combustion chamber. You should know this. I think you are just trying to be a jacka$$!

·
Registered
32 Posts
generally, less room in the combustion chamber = higher compression = more power

·
Registered
639 Posts
Correct!

·
Registered
826 Posts
generally, less room in the combustion chamber = higher compression = more power
thats an odd concept but i guess it makes sence

·
Registered
639 Posts
So what your saying is you like to try and belittle people to make yourself feel better!

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
So what your saying is you like to try and belittle people to make yourself feel better!
explain how you could possibly get that from what i posted? dont make yourself look like a fucking dick...

i challenge info because 90% of the bullshit you read online is just that, bullshit. making people prove where they are getting their info leads to more accurate posts.

i take it from your posts that you are itching for an argument. you sure you want to go there?

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Why do people get all pissy when someone asks them to back up their info? No one's being a dick, but you can't expect people to believe something JUST because you said it. In college I had to cite a lot of sources for my english papers, same idea. A lot of people come on here spouting all kinds of shit as knowledge, right or wrong, so some people like to challenge people. Not as them trying to be a jackass, but trying to keep the bullshit down and the knowledge up in this forum. Thats why I come here personally.

All he asked was "where are you getting your info?". You would have posted a link and NOT been a dick about it. You kinda were the first person to be a jackass by picking an argument.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
d series non vtec heads flow 38 cc....so whats the diffrence in which 34.2 is the d16z6 cc flow and the cc flow at vtec?....or is the cc number its number in whole?.....hmm..

38 cc > 34.2 IMO
The numbers your refering to are the combustion chamber sizes, not what the head flows.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Maybe instead of being a dick, (because I have read you other posts,which are sometimes belittling people) someone with your rep power should try to disprove someone being incorrect or approve of someone being correct. For instance:

"He is right/Or that is right, that is the CC of the combustion chambers is what you are thinking of. Flow rate of a cylinder head would have a much higher CC." Or something to that effect! than offer some info on head flow rate because I don't know where to find it or what would be good!

If you know the answer was right why to you waste time and question it.

I am not looking for a fight. I read alot of opinion posts or need help posts but I don't answer to the ones where I am not sure of because I don't like making myself to be an idiot. I know my Honda's very well. Perhaps not as good as you but I know what I need to know for my applications and will be willing to share it with anyone that needs help instead of giving someone a hard time about it.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
if i had to go around and correct all the misinformation on the forums, my day would be consumed with just that. asking someone to back up their info isnt asking too much. if you read it somewhere reputable, it shouldnt be hard to find that source again.

and beside the point, my question wasnt even directed at you :neutral:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Sorry my bad. You quoted me in your second post. I assumed you were talking to me. But if you know were to get flow charts for a stock head that would be cool!

·
Registered
284 Posts
there is a lot more to a combustion chamber than its volume. If you wanted to say that less volume is better..well then the vx head would be far superior with its whopping 23 cc's

valve angle, valve size, combustion shape/quench all are important factors, and these all work together with port sizes and shapes all the way to the piston shape and the stroke of the engine.....

its not as simple as one would think

1 - 20 of 35 Posts