Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm looking into buying an adjustable cam gear and cams what is the best bang for my buck i can buy and what should i all replace besides cams and cam gear

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,831 Posts
you only need one cam for you motor. also probably a delta regrind cam would be the best bang for your buck.
or a used after market cam as long as it looks in good shape

·
Registered
2000 honda civic
17 Posts
Really consider what route your going first before any head work, n/a or boost and how much boost. When upgrading cams you need to follow the recommended setup for each cam, for instance some stage two cams require better springs and valves to run properly.. Some mild stage one cams can be handle by most internals. N/a cams tend to have more overlap and and boost setups are opposite, no overlap. Every stage intensifies the effect at greater rpms, but the higher stage cams tend to have a rougher idle than lower stages. All needs to be considered before investing. As far as the cam gear you will be able to advance and retard your timing but thats it, you would get more out of something like that with a dohc. Good luck I hope this helped

·
Registered
17 Posts
Like king said, figure out what ur plans r for the build then ull kno what to get. IMO delta regrind and aem true time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i just found out i have a d16y8 head lol should i just replace the whole head make it i full z6 or keep the z6 block and the y8 head

·
Registered
328 Posts
You don't seem like this is going to be crazy so on a budget I say.

Zex 59300 cam used I think they are a few members that have them for around $100

And aem cam gear shipped is $100 on eBay

Just an idea, have fun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts