Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
What AEM cam gear?

Some of the older ones liked to lose their hardware for the adjustable hub of it.

Any plans for a bigger camshaft in future? stock camshaft will run out of breath before stock redline, and it sounds like your parts will allow some extra rpms anyways.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So pretty when they're fresh... What's it going into?
I have some minor OCD when it comes to cleaning so this is just SPECTACULAR compared to what it looked like before. Gonna be throwing it onto a d16z6 block thats pretty much totally built. I mean, technically it already is on it. This is a bit of an older pic. I have been in the process of building this car for like, 5 years xD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What AEM cam gear?

Some of the older ones liked to lose their hardware for the adjustable hub of it.

Any plans for a bigger camshaft in future? stock camshaft will run out of breath before stock redline, and it sounds like your parts will allow some extra rpms anyways.
Honestly Im not sure which one. I got it with the motor when I bought the project off somebody. I think it is actually an off brand but its adjustable so thats all that really matters to me lol.

Absolutely. I was just looking for a bigger cam all over. Was hoping to find a good deal on a used one. Ideally I'd like to get a Bisi 2.4 but unless I buy it new, I dont think that is gonna happen. I have found a couple 59300 cams but I would rather go big or go home.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
what did the work run you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what did the work run you?
Honestly, my father's buddy took care of everything as a favor. He's got a local machine shop. I think he did great work. I will mess with almost anything except for transmissions (which ive tried, no bueno) and heads lol. There are too many parts for me to mess up. I did get very lucky though with him. Im sure it would have costed a small fortune.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts