Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im starting to plan out my build for my d16z6. Im going to be boosting in the near future but ide like to start building up my internals now. Im looking to hit 300hp.I dont care how much it costs but im looking at high compression low boost. Ive done searches but cant find very much feed back.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Im looking to hit 300hp.I dont care how much it costs but im looking at high compression low boost.
the reason it is not discussed much is because high c/r (10+:1) + boost is harder to tune "safely". i would suggest you swing by the local tuner shop and find out what kind of engines they have tuned, then start your build. but that is just my .02

Eagle doesnt make pistons
you beat me to it :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ehh...:noway: im new to San Diego so i dont know any tuners around here. None the less Im going to be doing all the work my self. :D 93 Del Sol Si's have p28 ecu's right? Got any recommendations on hitting 300hp other than high cr low boost. Im really open to all ears here.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
9:1 forged pistons, forged rods, GT28RS turbo, 450cc injectors, FMIC, CROME on the P28. Woulden't be suprised if you could get more out of that setup with a Crower 2 and some 550's.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Ehh...:noway: im new to San Diego so i dont know any tuners around here.
find a dyno... then tuners will be there. and there are plenty of tuners in san diego.

None the less Im going to be doing all the work my self. :D
how much tuning experiance do you have? just saying, high c/r + boost is (in my book) left for pro's

93 Del Sol Si's have p28 ecu's right?
z6 = p28 ecu

Got any recommendations on hitting 300hp other than high cr low boost. Im really open to all ears here.
srp pistons (75.05mm, ~10:1 c/r)
eagle rods (h-beam)
ram horn manifold or top mount
t04e turbo
3 in. dp
3 in. exhaust
no cat
550cc
crome pro
walbro fuel pump (255 lph)
fpr (of your choice)
dyno tune w/ WB O2
^but this is just for a high comp boosted motor, and again just my .02

9:1 forged pistons
i think he is trying to go with high comp. like 10:1+

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont have any experience tuning in regards to ecu and boost applications but i have a good amount under my belt in regards to everything else. I can even sew.
A co-worker has a nice sortment of parts,mostly brand new, that he was gonna use for his civic that he sold. So he told me that i can just have them. So i had a heart attack and told him ide pick them up tomarrow.

He has Some SRP 9.0:1 pistons +.020 bore, Some used TT rods,that look new, a homemade short ram intake (proly ebay) and some unknown intercooler.

Im guessing its a good $800 worth of parts. I just wanted to know if they would help me reach my goal of 300hp. I Just said high compression low boost cuz i heard thats the best setup to lower 1/4m times.

Guess i should have said this in the beginning.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
High compression low boost is great, but the margin of error is much smaller than lower compression and more boost. With what your getting 400HP woulden't be unrealistic.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I dont have any experience tuning in regards to ecu and boost applications
this is the information you should have put out first. as i stated before, and someone finally chimed in, high c/r + boost are for pros. not those of us who do 90% of our own work for fun.

the pistons you picked up are actually the ones i have. they should give you some room in your tune for mistakes, and should net you some good hp numbers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i understand that the margine of error is significatly less but im only omitted the previously states so that There wouldnt be any bias lie other fourms like Superhond a .com. Im cool with critisizm but only if its benefital to me. All i would lie to know is what others would recommend for a set up to reach my goal of 300hp. i basically just want to know if the products i have on my engine would allow me to reach 300hp. I have quite look time to reach my benchmark so any reomendations would be great for my d16z6.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
yes, the parts you have aquired will get you to your mark, as far as internals.

i don't mean to be negative, just don't want to see all your hard work blow-up the first time on the dyno/down the 1/4.

G/L on your build

1 - 12 of 12 Posts