Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Honda Civic EX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i live in Washington state and love it here and i was wondering what would be a good build i really want to use the vitara pistons and p2po custom connecting rods and 76mm or 75.5mm i don't know that is why i'm on here asking you guys on what i should do. I really hope to build for boost and maybe shoot for like 300hp maybe more but not going to push my luck lol. So hope to hear from you guys and just need a like help??????

·
Registered
51 Posts
hey guys i live in Washington state and love it here and i was wondering what would be a good build i really want to use the vitara pistons and p2po custom connecting rods and 76mm or 75.5mm i don't know that is why i'm on here asking you guys on what i should do. I really hope to build for boost and maybe shoot for like 300hp maybe more but not going to push my luck lol. So hope to hear from you guys and just need a like help??????
With that combo of rods and pistons 300hp is no problem at all. If you can go for 75.5. When things go wrong (you never know) you still can bore one size bigger to 76 without resleeving you block.

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
89 Posts

·
Registered
94 Honda Civic EX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was also looking into the bisimoto d series connecting rods cause of the length they are 137mm and the those p2p0 are 138.63mm and around the same price but that's why you guys are here to guide me lol and thanks again both of you guys for throwing that input in like hope to hear more from you guys or some other if they join in!!!!!!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,665 Posts
Bisi who?

Stock rods are 137mm, can get them from Eagle and such. Don't fall for the hype.

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
89 Posts
Depends on how you want to make your power... If you go with 137mm and 75.5mm bore, it will give you about 7.7:1 compression (depending on elevation) so it will be more sluggish out of boost. You can make up for that but using a smaller turbo so you get into boost at a lower rpm. I would personally go with 138.63mm rods and 75.5mm bore which will give you about 8.6:1 compression. Either one will be good on pump gas and will work well with a small turbo at high boost or large turbo at lower boost, but the higher compression build will be a bit more peppy out of boost and get slightly better gas mileage due to the higher efficiency.

Honestly there's about a million D16 Vitara builds out there for you to look at and figure out what will work for you.

·
Registered
94 Honda Civic EX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys you are a big help and after you guys saying all that i'm going to go with the p2po custom connecting rods with the vitara 75.5 mm pistions and rock some type of turbo i guess lol

·
Registered
94 Honda Civic EX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know i will still have to notch the block and all that jazz but it will be worth it in the end and plus i was kinda shooting for at least 300 hp but if it will do more with not and again thanks again for the input and if you guess are in the washington state shoot me a message about an event!!!!!

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
89 Posts
Read those links from my first post. They will get you on the right track for everything you will need and give you all the info you'll need to pick the right turbo for your goals.

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
89 Posts
So you just want it all... Of course. Well drag racing and autocross are two totally different racing types and require different setups. If you make a great drag car it will be a mediocre autocross car and vise versa. If you want it all don't expect to be great at anything. That's why the saying goes "jack of all trades, master of none". I'm definitely no expert, but I'd say drag would probably benefit from lower compression (7.5:1-8.5:1) with a decent size turbo and higher boost levels. Autocross would probably be higher compression (9:1-10:1) with a smaller turbo and low-mid boost levels, but a better suspension​ will probably net better results than power for autocross. If you want to be decent at both probably go 9:1 compression and throw a t3 super 60 on it. That would be fine for DD and will get you your 300hp goal. Though I'm willing to bet that 300hp is pretty excessive for autocross.

·
Registered
94 Honda Civic EX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i hear you there on what your same about the drag setup and autocross setup and I'm really trying to do it all on a budget laugh out loud and i know I'm going to have to spend some money if i want my goals to be met so yeah thanks again and do you drag or autocross???

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
89 Posts
yeah i hear you there on what your same about the drag setup and autocross setup and I'm really trying to do it all on a budget laugh out loud and i know I'm going to have to spend some money if i want my goals to be met so yeah thanks again and do you drag or autocross???
I personally don't drag or autocross. I've looked into autocross, but never gone. My brother is building a 98 EX turbo for drag racing, right now. I've helped him do a lot of research. As for myself, I'm still meticulously planning my build.

·
Registered
94 Honda Civic EX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
copy over was just wondering and what do u think about the eagle rods??? and Animag771 thanks for all the help that you have gave to me and that is rad hope you send some pictures this way of this drag car you guys are working on if that is cool with u guys??? hope to hear back from you!!!!

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
89 Posts
Depends on the compression your going for. You may want to get custom length rods if your sticking with Vitara pistons. Or you could run standard length Eagle rods, but your compression will be lower than custom lengths

1 - 17 of 17 Posts