Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum, my names Ronnie I'm 18 and I'm from Canada eh.
Been putting alot of time and obviously money into my little winter project.
It's a 1992 Civic Hatch Si, I'll start off with some before and after pictures!

Before!! Quarter panels were gone, rockers needed work, the usual.

And as of yesterday!

Plans for the exterior are type r front lip, black 5 spoke wheels, duckbill, amber corners etc etc

So thats that done and over with, for now.. Now what I've been trying to figure out, plans for the engine. And yes I've used the search button, for hours on end, pretty much every night I hear the girlfriend nagging at me to get off the damn computer.

So anyways it's a D16Z6, just about 300,000 km's on it but it still runs really good. Now depending on money situation(still have to buy a few things to make it look a little better) before it comes out in spring, I'm either going to build and boost, or just boost and later this summer build the block.

So far from my researching I've decided on vitara pistons, eagle rods, acl bearings, hastings rings, eagle block guard, arp head studs and an oem headgasket(Head will stay stock for now due to budget). One question I've been wondering is should I bore the block, and if so how much? And my biggest question of all is what kind of turbo setup? My goals with a built block are 250-300whp with the ability to go higher without needing a bigger turbo.
After doing some reading I most likely want to run a t3/t4. If anyone has more info on turbo setups for my goals/tight budget please let me know what you know.

Anyways thats alot of reading for you fellas so I'll add more later. I'm new to the boost scene so keep the comments as friendly as possible please, I've done alot of researching and I have alot more to do still, all the help I can get is appreciated.

- Ronnie

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
I would definately bore it over on the block build.

For the turbo, I'd suggest the T3/T4 50 trim :TU: Great power ban and has room to grow into.
Not sure what your budget is but I could get you into a complete kit with your power goal in mind for a "decent" price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would definately bore it over on the block build.

For the turbo, I'd suggest the T3/T4 50 trim :TU: Great power ban and has room to grow into.
Not sure what your budget is but I could get you into a complete kit with your power goal in mind for a "decent" price.
Yeah I figured I'd have to bore it.. and about the turbo setup, I'll be getting ahold of you for sure

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would build your own turboset up. Its a lot of fun and you can really get into it. Ive done probably 7 different set up's. I great turbo to start with is a 14b off a stock 1g talon, eclipse, or laser. You can pick them up really cheap. My second kit I ever built was with a 14b with hf manifold and adapter plate. I did the hole kit for $400. Also check junkyards for cheap parts. Also I think its the saab 9000 that has a nice t3 on it if you wanted to go that route. You can get 450cc injectors out of the same car you get your 14b from. Make sure its a 5 speed. (Auto) comes with 13b. For engine management Chrome and Uberdata are pretty easy to use and Cheap to socket your ecu.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts