Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 EX (EJ1)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im Daniel and im building a D16z6. I would like to know what would be a good setup using stock Honda/Acura parts like, cam, piston, intake man, head gasket, throttle body, things like that. Remember its going in a D16Z6 1.6 VTEC. If i could get help with a ECU it would be great also. Thank you guys and i will be looking for messages and comments. Thanks

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
How much $ do you have to spend?

Cam - Stock with Delta regrind
Pistons - Depends on what compression ration you want and how much cash you have to spend on tuning.
Intake - Stock unless you want to spend a bunch of money for 2-3 HP
Head Gasket - depends on how much Compression ration you want...
Throttle body - OEM

Best advice I've got it so search and read over other peoples builds.

·
Registered
94 EX (EJ1)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Umm, well i want good c/r. I was thinking ZC pistons, Y8 cam, Y8 intake man, so lol i have no idea what head gasket to use with that. Im thinking Y8 gasket. I also have no idea what ecu to run with it. That setup should make 13:1-1 c/r, but then i would have jet fuel. LOL. I know stock rod hold up2 200hp and i guess with that setup and tuning i will have around 150hp est.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
if u are going to use a z6 head still with z6 parts. like the intake manifold, and the cam.

get a regrind if u want.

P29s wont be quite 13:1 CR in a Z6 build. but it should have a fair amount of compression.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Umm, well i want good c/r. I was thinking ZC pistons, Y8 cam, Y8 intake man, so lol i have no idea what head gasket to use with that. Im thinking Y8 gasket. I also have no idea what ecu to run with it. That setup should make 13:1-1 c/r, but then i would have jet fuel. LOL. I know stock rod hold up2 200hp and i guess with that setup and tuning i will have around 150hp est.
What do you define as a "good compression ratio"? Once you define that then you can start buying parts

you'll have to be more specific than "ZC" pistons. There are single cam ZC's and DOHC ZC's. The DOHC ZC's have a high compression piston and a lower compression piston. The more popular high compression piston is the P29 and according to the D-series Compression Calculator is showing that your Z6 block with P29's will be pushing about 12.05:1, not 13:1.

Furthermore 150Hp is going to be VERY hard to hit (aka impossible) with that build. P29's and a Y8 cam are not gonna get you to 150. I'd keep the Z6 OEM IM, and a Regrind will be better for you than a Y8 cam.

·
Registered
94 EX (EJ1)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im sorry i thought you would know i was talking about p29 pistons, because so many people have did it. So you guys brake it down and tell me what would be best to use if i ran p29 pistons,

·
Registered
broke ass nissan har
17 Posts
If you are able to get e-85 where you are at you would have no problem running higher compression with a good tune. Its 105 octane.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have similar question. Got a D16z6 dropped at machine shop for 3 angle port and fully rebuild

List:
Bisi 2.4 turbo cam
Bisi cam gear
Bisi valve spring
FJ R Spec Custom Length D16 I Beam Connecting Rods
YCP Vitara pistons 75.5mm
Z6 intake manifold
Z6 fuel rail
Z6 thortle body
ARP 2000 3/8" Rod Bolts
Pistn rings (Hastings)
ARP head studs
Running stock P28 ecu.

I'm wondering how much horse i'm actually pushing before turbo? Its currently NA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts