Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I bought my D16Z6 with a broken TPS with the belief that I could simply screw on a new TPS, as I have seen them on sale on Ebay. However, it appears that my TPS is riveted on, and I can't seem to find a way to get it off. Is there a way I can replace the TPS on this throttle body, or do I need a entirely new one (a rather expensive proposition...).

I was thinking maybe drill out the rivits, and then tape screw holes and try a $15 screw on one...

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
they are screws make a slit in there and unscrew it or drill a hole and use an ezout screw/bolt extractor.

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
right on . . . I took a hand saw and made a slit in the top of the bolt.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
they are screws make a slit in there and unscrew it or drill a hole and use an ezout screw/bolt extractor.
oh and take the screws to the nearest hardware/parts house and match the screws to one that have heads and you are good to go, that part needs to be tightened down securely, taping anything isnt going to cut it.

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
yea get a dremel and cut slits in it and use a flathead screwdriver to take em out

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
or be like me and find someone who no longer has a d anymore but has a tb and get it for whatever shipping costs.. w00t lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aha! Thanks guys, I got it off with the help of a friend and like 5 screw drivers. SO now the question is, where do I get a new one besides ebay? There is one there for $30 but that seems like an awefull lot...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts