Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been Looking for a cpl hrs I know it lines up and will bolt together but im trien to find out do I need anything to swap a y8 head onto a z6 block the car is obd2 and doing this till the other motor is built so I jut need to know if I need to change anything how does the timing work and witch head studs do I use

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
The crank position sensor is oil pump mounted on the d16Y motors.

You will need to do a trick with the wiring to make it work.

Search for a how to, I do not know how to do it or what is exactly involved, but I know its an issue.

Physically, treat the block as if its a d16y8. same studs/bolts, timing belt lines up fine, etc..

You can opt to swap over the oil pump, oil pan, and oil pickup if you have a y7 or y8 setup easily available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I rebuilt the z6 block so I can rebuild the y8 the biggest prob is getting the distributor since it's an obd1 for a obd2 car the block looks the same as the y8 already have the car tricked for the crank sensor the car runs on the motor and everything I just want the dizzy to actually bolt up so o dont have it zipped tied looking like shit
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
95 Civic DX
19 Posts
I am doing a d15b7 block with y8 head. You will need 9 head studs for the z6 and 1 stud for a y8 to get it to bolt together.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
distributor stuff can be painful at times.

d16z6 must use its own.

d16y7/8 heads can use obd1 non-vtec, generally the d15b7.

Just keep in mind that crank sensor thing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts