Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo, i got a civic VX and i juss put a D16z6 and find out the head is blown! can i put the d15z1 head on the d16z6 block? and what would the out come be? i need this car to run its been in the backyard for a month and im on a low budget. ANY ANSWER? suggestions!? ive never heard about this set up being doing ether:mikej:

·
Registered
166 Posts
i believe that the combustion chamber on the vx head is really small, so you're compression ratio would be really high if you threw it on the z6 block.

also, the ports on the vx head are really tiny...and it only runs on 12 valves until vtec-e kicks in...so it's possible, but i dont see why you would want to do it.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
my quote from the thread you asked this question in

you cant put the z1 head on the z6 block.. it would be 11:1 compressoin..nothing wrong with that.. but the z1 head has hella small ports and small valves with the small cam.. you can swap over the whole z6 valvetrain but honestly wouldnt be worth it imho....
edit.. also has a hella small combustion chamber in the head.. tomarrow ill go take a pic of my z1 head

·
Registered
93 Posts
head

ya you can use the vx head on your z6 block, as a last resort like i had to use a vx head also, on my Y7 block, i switched the valve train from my z6 to the vx head cause the vx head didnt have any oil squarters from what i seen. all in all mine runs good, had no problems, does have spark knock though from all the compression from that dinky head

·
Registered
166 Posts
it aint even that expensive for a new longblock. $300 bucks.

when you throw on a head onto a block, you gotta buy the head bolts, timing belt, and HG. that's about $150 or more, might as well spend a little more money and get a new longblock then some temporary last resort motor that might run like crap. unless you were really trying to do something with a z1 head on a z6 block, if not just get a new motor.

just my opinion...

·
Registered
284 Posts
word.

Timing belts and headbolts are for sure reusable as i've done it many times.

Be advised, this will yield high compression with a lean burn which will most likely lead to detonation, try it out though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts