Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for the best possible bottom end bearings for a d16z6 was looking for a way to go roller bearings instead of normal sleeve garbage? Been through 3 bottom ends now went through 2 in one engine and blew a hole through the side of the block and have another on just knocking and thinking about rebuilding it but I just want some more input on what other people have done and gotten good miles out of, looking to potentially boosting it too about (250-300whp) just looking for the most reliable source of outcome done a bit of research but can’t find anything else but the stock bearings setup, if anyone’s got any input at all much appreciated

· Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
4,630 Posts

looks exotic

if the crank is in good shape with a new oil pump and it is all super clean when assembled any bearing will work on a mild build as long as it has the right clearances.

· BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
13,137 Posts
oem.
acl.
king.
sealed power.
google.

make sure your crank is even good before you start. have it mic'd and inspected. then you can go and do your search for bearings.

Reactions: robgoof

· Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,817 Posts
Yup, what everyone else said. I don't think I've ever seen any modern pressure lube 4 stroke engine with roller bearings, other than a 2 stroke, and thats simply because of the oiling system differences. It would be a hella expensive process to retrofit a D for rollers lol.

Your Z6 should last a good while at those power levels if the bottom end is built right with typical bearings and a new oil pump.

ACL or King, some of the best aftermarket names for bearings. But bearings are only 1/4 of the discussion... oil type, oil clearance and crank journal flatness are the other critical keys to make sure are right to ensure longevity.

Your machine shop is your friend here.

· Registered
00 EJ6 boosted D16Z6, 99 EJ6 bone stock, 04 Ram 1500
1,568 Posts
Been through 3 bottom ends now went through 2 in one engine and blew a hole through the side of the block and have another on just knocking and thinking about rebuilding
oh my! you should try plasti gauging the bearings to make sure your clearances are correct.
stock d16z6 bottom ends are excellent for daily driven on boost, I've been doing it for over 15 years, zero spun bearings.
if you do rebuild again, don't use the same crankshaft or rods that have spun a bearing, or you can be sure it will happen again soon.

Reactions: robgoof
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.