Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

im in the process of building a 400+ bhp D16z6 in my EJ9.

Head:
Brian Crower Steel Springs
Brian Crower Steel Retainers
Ferrea 6000 Racing Intake Valves
Ferrea 6000 Racing Exhuast Valves
Golden Eagle Adjustable Cam Gear
Supertech Valve Stem Seals
Skunk 2 Intake Manifold
Speedfactory Savage Racing Cam
4Bar SF Map Sensor
70mm Throttle body
Supertech Bronze Valve Guides

Block:
Speed Racing Long Rods
Bad Guys V3 Oil Pump
YCP Vitara 75.5 Pistons
Supertech Block Guard
D14 Short ratio Gearbox
Clutch Stage 4/5
King Bearings Main
ARP Rod Bolts
ARP Head Studs
Thrust bearings
Gates Racing Belt
GT3582R Turbo (.63 exhuast / .70 intake)
1320 Turbo Manifold
3” Exhuast system

340 AEM Fuel Pump
P28 ECU hondata S300
Air/Fuel AFR Ratio Garage

head will be ported and polished,3 degree valve angle and Intake ported to match the throttlebody of 70mm

will the Vitara set up be capable of reaching 400+ Or will I be better off sourcing better pistons and rods with higher comp? (Low comp = more psi for big power) or (higher comp = less psi for more power?)

how is this set up?
In the uk we also have 99 octane

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,440 Posts
The vitaras should work at 400, its only when guys play at or over 500whp that the wrist pin bosses have been known to start to crack due to high power and RPM.

I have to ask the "but..." here, your projected build parts above, and the machining services needed are all very expensive, and it should be a kick ass build, so why cut corners on pistons? Next to all the parts you have listed above, shelling out 4-500 for a set of forged Wiesco's or similar blends in pretty well, and would be additional piece of mind.

Its not to say the vitara's won't work, they will, so dont let me stop you if you're set on using them :)

Also, do you have anyone who does a Cylinder Support System (CSS) type of service across the pond? There is always mixed thoughts on block guards no matter who you talk to, but at 400whp, CSS would be the ideal piece of mind. If someone local to you offers the service, it might be a thought you might consider. Again, just throwing that out there!

CNCWerx CSS - Cylinder Support System – cylindersupportsystem.com

Bad Guys Godzilla Deck - D Series Godzilla Deck

Also, what injectors do you plan on running?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the positive reply dude, I am debating going another route in regards to pistons, I’ve been looking into traum pistons which are forged and a Vitara spec but flat top to raise the compression to the 10s without sacrificing my rods and I like the fact I don’t have to notch the block🙄

I am umming and rrr’ing about using the Vitara set up but I’ve gone all out which has taken me a year to even get this far on the parts 😓 don’t have a massive monthly income like most probably do when it comes to big builds.

in regards to the css support I would love to send my block to someone to get CSS support installed but the shipping to USA and then to have it shipped back would be out of my budget hence the block guard😬

but I do want to try aim for the 10s higher compression ratio, 9250RPM using the GT3582 I have with a smaller exhuast housing for a quicker spool.

The vitaras should work at 400, its only when guys play at or over 500whp that the wrist pin bosses have been known to start to crack due to high power and RPM.

I have to ask the "but..." here, your projected build parts above, and the machining services needed are all very expensive, and it should be a kick ass build, so why cut corners on pistons? Next to all the parts you have listed above, shelling out 4-500 for a set of forged Wiesco's or similar blends in pretty well, and would be additional piece of mind.

Its not to say the vitara's won't work, they will, so dont let me stop you if you're set on using them :)

Also, do you have anyone who does a Cylinder Support System (CSS) type of service across the pond? There is always mixed thoughts on block guards no matter who you talk to, but at 400whp, CSS would be the ideal piece of mind. If someone local to you offers the service, it might be a thought you might consider. Again, just throwing that out there!

CNCWerx CSS - Cylinder Support System – cylindersupportsystem.com

Bad Guys Godzilla Deck - D Series Godzilla Deck

Also, what injectors do you plan on running?

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you plan to stay that the low 400 range and never turn up. You don't need the port the head. Porting the head just helps pick up power earlier and hold it longer. The block guard is a hit or miss type thing- its like pseudo science. There are tons of builds without sleeves or css at 400. Its just that people get bored and try to push 500 and thats when the css or sleeves becomes vital.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts