Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Pick one :poke:
:tank:
Now you are catching me on my own words. I meant to say that I know how to correctly and safely connect wires and how to isolate them, but it's hard to read diagrams, since I have not practiced it and I don't have any experience (school and college doesn't count).

By the way, English is my second language, sorry for my grammar mistakes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
modify your 99 harness to work on the engine by using plugs or sensors from each to meet your needs.
get a obd2b to obd1 jumper and run a chipped obd1 ecu....
this would be a lot harder in my case and I would spend money that I currently don't have :)

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
testing, because I see a page 2, but no actual page 2. am I missing something? can you see this?

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
493 Posts
No money for new motor, as I told :))

I know how to work with wires, I only need to know which wires I need to connect. That's why I'm trying to look for help in this forum. If I would know what should I connect- I wouldn't ask anything here.

From a diagram I managed to read how to connect starter to a new motor (blk/wht wire from starter relay's pin 30 should connect to a starter), but that's it. I don't know what to do with the ignition, because I'm not very good at these diagrams.
The problem is that your unique situation is not easy and you're asking for someone to sit down and map out your wiring schematic which would take several hours, and then may not even be accurate because of small changes in the harnesses because of regional emissions and compliance differences.

I've given you the info you need to figure it out yourself. If you can't find workshop manuals with wiring diagrams for your EK and CRX then PM me with your email address and i'll see what i've got.

I'm currently doing something similar with getting a D16a8 running with a PM7 in a carby ED chassis. I don't have a full EFI cabin harness, so i'm wiring the ECU to the engine harness and splicing into the carby cabin harness.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The problem is that your unique situation is not easy and you're asking for someone to sit down and map out your wiring schematic which would take several hours, and then may not even be accurate because of small changes in the harnesses because of regional emissions and compliance differences.

I've given you the info you need to figure it out yourself. If you can't find workshop manuals with wiring diagrams for your EK and CRX then PM me with your email address and i'll see what i've got.

I'm currently doing something similar with getting a D16a8 running with a PM7 in a carby ED chassis. I don't have a full EFI cabin harness, so i'm wiring the ECU to the engine harness and splicing into the carby cabin harness.
Well, actually I'm not asking to sit down and do everything for me. I saw one or two guys in this forum that done ZC DOHC swap into EK, but hey were active here couple years ago. But still it's a chance that someone else has done it and could help me out.

Regional emissions? What's that? :D I live in Eastern Europe. I'm fine as long as I don't see any warning lights on my dash.

I sent you my email.

Good luck with your project!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I have my old working 4 wire O2 sensor. Is it possible to remake it into 1 wire O2 sensor? Any ideas how to do it?

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
I saw one or two guys in this forum that done ZC DOHC swap into EK
we have done a couple of DOHC ZC's into the EK - one was an OBD0 ZC which we converted to OBD1 and used the OBD1 P29 ECU with OBD2 to OBD1 ECU jumper and modified the EK engine harness as needed - the other was an OBD1 ZC which didn't need converting and we again used the OBD1 P29 and OBD2 to OBD1 ECU jumper and modified EK engine harness

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
we have done a couple of DOHC ZC's into the EK - one was an OBD0 ZC which we converted to OBD1 and used the OBD1 P29 ECU with OBD2 to OBD1 ECU jumper and modified the EK engine harness as needed - the other was an OBD1 ZC which didn't need converting and we again used the OBD1 P29 and OBD2 to OBD1 ECU jumper and modified EK engine harness
what exactly did you modified on EK engine harness?

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Have you tried actually searching for any info on this or asking only?
I did a quick google search and these were the first searches that came up.
I didn't read to see if the finished them or figured it out.
I would say at this point sale the DOHC ZC and use the money to purchase a Y8 or equivalent.
At this point I feel you want someone to build this car for you over the internet which will not be the case many will help and give info but only a small fraction will likely help you every step of the way.
Yes I know I'm an ass or a dick or anything else you would like to call me I don't care honestly.
I wish you the best of luck but sounds like its not moving for a while at this time.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/dohc-zc/86735-dohc-zc-into-ek-civic-ex.html

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/dohc-zc-into-ek-944048/

:tank:

21 - 40 of 56 Posts