Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with a 2006 subaru sti (IHI Vf39) turbo mated to a D16z6. if so how does it work, or will it work. My friend just got a gt35r for his suby and is practically giving his stock turbo away. any input would be great. thanks alot.

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
eh, your gonna have to do something about the wastegate since its set at like 18psi from the factory...or do you have other plans for that?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the wastegate is set at 14.1 psi from the factory. i would have the probably weld it up if i go with an external but it might work better

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think there might be an adjustment on it also. i havent got to see it off the car yet

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
build your motor first then put it on. there fore you dont ruin the wastegate arm(actuator?). you'll love the feeling that you built your motor to handle the 14psi from the vf39.

·
Registered
103 Posts
bump. Did you put the STi turbo with your D16Z6? My friend has a 2007 STi Turbo for sale, and I might consider that if anybody has done it here. I need a turbo that can do 200 - 275whp no problem, and capable of doing 300whp later on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts