Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm new here and had some questions about boostin a y8. I'm currently looking to build a y8 to boost. What pistons and rods do you recommend? What kind of head work do you guys usually do for boostin it? What cam, valves, valve springs, etc. do you recommend? And how much boost can the stock sleeves take if the rods and pistons are beefed up?

For the car, I currently have the following.

Stock D16Y8
Revhard Cast Manifold
T3T04b turbo
oil feed line
FMU
DSM 450 Injectors
Tial 38mm wastegate
Edelbrock Intake Manifold
Missing Link
intercooler piping
Precision FMIC

everything else to complete the turbo kit should be on its way too.

Thanks for the input in advance!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
9:1 or less crower pistons
eagle rods
skunk2 valve train
any turbo specific cam
nuformz block guard

but thats just me...

·
Registered
213 Posts
stock engine can hold about 7-9psi...also make sure the manifold you get is A/C compatible since that seems to be a problem in civics due to manifold/turbo when mounted are right next to the a/c compressor...

apart from all that, the engine boosts nice, specially when kicking into vtec!

-tek

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
1. how much power are you planning to get?.
2. Stock sleeves are stronger than many ppl think. I have seen 380whp+ D series with stock sleeves and daily driven holding up fine.. Full Race got 465whp on a stock sleeved D16 block so that gives you an idea of how they perform.
3.how much boost can it take? Again that repends on many variables..Turbo size for example...And things, like Rods, sleeves etc.. dont have a PSI limit...they have a HP limit... YOu can boost 30psi on a small turbo and nothing will brake..were you can boost 18PSI on a big turbo and things will start breaking apart..

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My goal is 300 whp out of the thing. The biggest turbo I plan on running is a Precision GT32R.

So the stock sleeves can take a good beating?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For 300 hp. I would use TT, Eagle, or LS rods. Depending on your budget, arias, JE, Ross, or even Vitara pistons. You could probably leave the head mostly stock, including the cam. Make sure you get head studs and any mls gasket will be fine. I would really consider posting the block or possibly a block guard.

Good fuel management is key. I would forget about the fmu and missing link and go with Chrome, Uberdata, or Hondata.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts