Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1999 Civic Ex Coupe
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know. Noob. Anyway, insults aside, I would like to know what setups people have created to get a D16Y8 to approx. 300whp and the cost to achieve such a feat. I have a 100% stock 99 Civic EX and w/ 103,000 miles and would love to get it to 250-300whp as a daily driver. Thank you.

· They call me Awesome!
9,529 Posts
Short version:

Search

Slightly longer version:

Vitara pistons
FJ rods
RCautoworks turbo kit
That should cost you somewhere in the $2K range all said and done.

Of course if you're crafty, you can make it happen for less.

· Registered
1999 Civic Ex Coupe
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I have done some research but just so many different opinions. I would hate to put 2k in a motor and have it blow up. I want a reliable 250-300 civic. Thank you again for the reply.

· Registered
92 hatchback
2,369 Posts
Thank you. I have done some research but just so many different opinions. I would hate to put 2k in a motor and have it blow up. I want a reliable 250-300 civic. Thank you again for the reply.
Welcome to the world of buiiling cars. Shit happens. Just do some searching, and check out other people's setups. Good Luck.

· Registered
huh?
2,037 Posts
Best piece of advice I can give:

Cheap/Fast/Dependable you can only have 2!

ahahaha....i was gonna say the same thing!

i chose fast and cheap.:3dtard:

· Registered
96 DX hatch
479 Posts
Being able to stop your 300hp beast is a good investment. And a 4k budget is a good one. You will go far with smart purchaces. My vote as well is for a vitara/fj combo and a nice go-autoworks turbo kit, or piece one togerther. Buy your stuff once and buy it right. Oh and as far as the trans goes don't forget a nice clutch (action, spec, act, whatever you please.....)

· Registered
the BUS
679 Posts
Short version:

Search

Slightly longer version:

Vitara pistons
FJ rods
RCautoworks turbo kit
That should cost you somewhere in the $2K range all said and done.

Of course if you're crafty, you can make it happen for less.
thats the same set up im doing on my cuzins car except im going with a fully built head with a bisimoto cam, i say for 3000 you will have a sick set up. thats including labor for the things you may not be able to do yourself like head work port n polish and things like that. but you dont need to build your head if your not going for big power

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.