Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
First you need some tools
Then you probly need a manual to help! That makes it easier!!

·
Premium Member
18,607 Posts
This thread is weak... Someone better fix it before it gets locked.

Build a Y8 for what? FI? Nitrous? N/A? Fun? don't know? How much HP/TQ are you looking to yeld? What car is it going in? What are you going to do with that car, drag, auto x? Is it your DD?

Weak. :sleep:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im just lookin for HP and i dont want a DOHC. This is going into a 97 Honda civc hatchback, also this is my first project, Just lookin for some hints.

·
Premium Member
18,607 Posts
Turbo? or do you want to stay Nat Asp? If you stay naturally aspirated then don't look for a lot of horse power gains unless you spend a lot of money. If you are looking for the best bang for your money either nitrous or turbo... I say turbo because you never have to refill a bottle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeahhh im deff looking to put turbo into it, the only problem is i dont know what turbo to get, IM looking for the best that wont blow the thing apart.

·
Premium Member
18,607 Posts
There are a lot of options out there. How much money do you have to spend? A cheap build is using a lot of parts from other vehicles and piecing your own kit together.

Search around the site for different set ups.

Are you mechanically inclined?

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
i think hes asking for tips on building his engine since he wants to go turbo

·
Registered
491 Posts
I can't read the rules about selling stuff here on d-series.org. Next time I will be banned.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
this thread is weak sauce ..still.
Yup Rexinre's contributions are the only redeeming thing going on at all!

i think hes asking for tips on building his engine since he wants to go turbo
OP, the best tip for you is to take some time and read!!!! There's so much information on boosting a D-series here it's unreal. Start with the stickies, move on to lurking a bit, and then one day you'll be ready to ask a question. In the mean time, figure out what your goals really are and work from there.

I can't read the rules about selling stuff here on d-series.org. Next time I will be banned.
:td: Now that's some funny shit. Talk about having someone else bite your tongue for you.

·
Registered
177 Posts
There are several d16y8 builds on this site...actually, I was just re-reading a couple threads that involved d16's that were converted to d18's...those builds have a TON of helpful info and insight into building a motor. There are many other great motor builds posted by members that are just as indepth as well, you just gotta look :)

Also note that you will probably have to read build pages at least once, but most likely 2 or 3 times to take everything away that you need to. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the only thing helpful i can tell u is if u r using a Y8 u r going to want to change the rods before boosting it... every Y8 i have seen that guys start on without building the bottem end snap the #4 rod right where the wrist pen goes... i like the Z6 internale with the Y8 head... that seems to have good compretion and a strong bottem end...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts