Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there, starting my first swap, putting a y8 head on a y7 block for a mini me swap. the head needed a new cam so i bought a stage 4 cam with springs and retainers off skunk2, wondering what problems i may encounter or what other parts i should purchase before throwing the head onto the block.
the old motor that was on the head i bought spun a rod bearing before i purchased, is that a concern if not using that block?
thank you very much if you can help please do!

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,697 Posts
Clean/flush all oil passages through head, inspect for debris and/or worn cam journals/caps for evidence of metal having passed through at some point.

Do you have a tuning solution? Or intake/exhaust/header mods to accompany the cam? That's a higher level cam to attempt just "dropping it in". The car might run shitty or not show any meaningful gains without accompanying airflow mods and a good tune.

Text Font Screenshot Document Paper

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clean/flush all oil passages through head, inspect for debris and/or worn cam journals/caps for evidence of metal having passed through at some point.

Do you have a tuning solution? Or intake/exhaust/header mods to accompany the cam? That's a higher level cam to attempt just "dropping it in". The car might run shitty or not show any meaningful gains without accompanying airflow mods and a good tune.

View attachment 136538
i did get the exhaust from the previous owner that he never put on his car, catless off an si with the same motor, have new air intake coming in what. header mods would you recommend?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts