Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have a 97 d16y8 and i have i/h/e and want to get it port and polished get msd a cam and intake manifold and my question is has anyone added this and i want to know if its worth the money and will it be hig 14's thanks!!!!!

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
hey i have a 97 d16y8 and i have i/h/e and want to get it port and polished get msd a cam and intake manifold and my question is has anyone added this and i want to know if its worth the money and will it be hig 14's thanks!!!!!
no it wont be high 14s...add a fifty shot you will be deep into the fourteens with a ported head/ IM, msd and cam

·
Registered
857 Posts
Stage 1 = waste of money. Get atleast stage 2, or even 3 because of porting.
MSD ignition = waste of money. OEM with good, fresh wires is good even for 600hp turbo engine..

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Rushi if i do i/h/e/mild pnp and im would you recommend me going cower stage 3 or should i go stage 2

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I made itto the 15's with boltons in my 00 ex :) lol.

I would vote 2 for the MPG factor...it will suffer A LOT with a stg3.

·
Registered
283 Posts
How well will a sohc run with a crower 3 and stock compression, anyone know. I know most of these have motors have 9/?/? compression. I just got my head ported and lost almost 9.5hp. I called brian Crower and he told me you should have compression to run a stage 3. So i am also looking into a larger cam, although i am not 100% sure that is my problem

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
y8 stock has a 9.6:1 cr ratio. a 2 layer gasket will bump that to just shy of 10:1

the stage 3 is meant for high CR but with a good tune it will work just fin on a stock cr y8

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.