Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I would make a Thread to see what other people experienced and have found for solutions in my predicament.

Heres the Deal:

I bought a 97 Honda Civic Ex with the D16Y8 Ran awesome, drove it for a few weeks. No issues. Has aftermarket Viper Alarm (which i'm not a fan of)

I pulled in the car into the garage, Pulled off the Exhaust manifold, Bolted turbo manifold on, turbo, intercooler piping, oil lines, vacuum lines etc. Didn't replace any sensors. I have not put any aftermarket ECU, no tuning has been done to the car. All I have done is bolted on a turbo kit and pulled it out of the garage. I have a new cap and rotor. I have spark, fuel (can smell it), New NGK plugs with a heat range of 7.

I can crank this car over all day and I can't get any start at all. I can get some pop out of the exhuast sometimes.

I also replaced the timing belt and had 2-3 people verify the timing is on point.

Seeing if anyone has an idea of why this car wont start...:uh:

Thanks

· Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Dizzy timing off,firing order wrong....

· Registered
4dr eg
297 Posts
1 firing order.
2 you need to check for compression.
3 if you pulled the dizzy off, make sure you put it back on right. It should only go one way, but ive seen where some one shoved it back in, thus breaking the cam.

· Registered
50 Posts
dizzy key position could be out by 180 degrees...

happened to me when i pull the dizzy out for repairs...

i advanced the dizzy to the max position, tried starting it almost started...flipped it around and 1 click , it started..

· my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
11,168 Posts
the dizzy will only fit on the cam in the right position ( you still have to adjust ignition timing) but you CAN NOT install 180 degrees off without some major force.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.