Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am piecing together a homemade turbo kit for my 2000 civic ex, so far i am using a 1g dsm intercooler, a 1g bov, a 1g 14b turbo, a hf manifold with adapter, hondata fuel management system, 310cc injectors with a high flow fuel pump, i am going to piece together the piping and have my friend build a custom downpipe, also i will add a boost gauge with a manual boost controller, i was wondering if that sounds like a good set up and also if i should use anything different or if i am forgetting something, let me know, Mach 5 Racing

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd use some DSM 450cc injectors.. you can up the boost with correct settings more safely.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much psi will you be running?

if anything, if you are going past 9psi, you might want to think at least 440cc injectors(rc, lucas,etc) or 450cc(dsm). Also you might want to get rid of the 1g dsm intercooler and go with a FMIC. Other than that your setup looks good.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you may find it better to get a starion type intercooler and make in an fmic over the dsm. those take a lot more finanageling and are fairly small. they realy are only good to about 7-9 psi max. but if you get a starion you coudl have new straight tubes welded to it and then have piping made to fit your car and use it properly.

another idea is to get a ebay fmic. they run about $200-$250 for an ok one that woudl work very well for your car.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am planning on running 8psi for this year because the motors internals are stock, then next year or the year after i will rebuild the engine and install a fmic and any other parts needed, but for now this is the set up i will use, i have heard you need a different O2 sensor with a homemade set up, do you guys know anything about that?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was wondering if anyone knew where to get a rebuild kit for a 1g 14b turbo? let me know, thanks Mach 5 Racing

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dam! i jsut found a place too!
try turbopimp on ebay. contact him directly, he has access to good stuff.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was wondering if anyone knows where to get an adapter for a hf manifold to a 14b turbo, also does anyone that has done this before know what to use to vacuum advance the distributor?thank you Bob
Mach 5 Racing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts