alright i decided not to do a swap.
don't really feel like going through
all the trouble when a d-series can
make satisfying numbers on the dyno.

well my question is i have a d16y8
Going turbo Soon. On Stock Internals.
now who has expierence here or
know anyone with this.

d16y8 Turbo Stock Internals. tuned with Hondata?
and most likely some bigger injectors.
and a walbro fuel pump.
on atleast 9PSI dailey driven.

I want to run atleast 9PSI. If not
I'll just do 6-7PSI On stock. But on 9PSI is Reliable
especially with Hondata?

if this has been discussed before Sorry, but
I bet it has, but i get a lot of mixed reactions
and also they shut me out on other forums
and this forum is the best source i know who
can answer my questions..Thanks In advance.

one more thing.. how about a Greedy Kit? Idunno
help me! lol

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ironic you should typo "Greedy" kit... Anyway, I'll comment ont he tuning portion..

Being OBDII, you'll need a OBDII to OBD1 conversion harness, and an OBD1 ECU. If you have no soldering experience, get a P28, if you're handy with PCBs, get a P06, and covert it to P28 (much cheaper).

Once you have a P28-ish OBD1 ECU, get your Hondata.... or, better yet, run Uberdata. An EXCELLENT Hondata replacement. http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata

You can do everything with this software, that you can with Hondata.. absolutely FREE!

Injectors? Yes, you'll need larger injectors. 9psi? Yes, you can run 9psi on stock internals of the Y8 all day every day.

I'll let other people comment on the GReddy kit. I have a warped of view of pre-fabs...

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
you CAN run a V-AFc for up to about 10 psi, but if you want very specific go with the hondata. all depends on what your future goals are.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry about the Typo lol..and yea forgot to mention
about the obd II > obd I Converstion, that ill be doing
as well.

and yea sonny im goin with hondata, i know i cant
go wrong with that, so i wont be needing the v-afc.
so far i appreciate the replies...

anymore people with this experience?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
remember Im on Stock Internals.
So I need the best Advice Yall can
Give me here Id really appreciate
it.. cause i know half of this board
is on boost.. so this is the right place
for me, to get useful info..thanks

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the greddy ktis can only support up to 250 -265 wheel power. but then again, that's max of your stock motor's capability b4 u break thigns. so that may be a good avenue for you.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have that exact setup. I have run up to 12 psi (unadvised) without any problems, not even 1 ping. 10 psi is perfectly attainable for a daily driver. Remember that even at 6 psi the longevity of the motor depents on your right foot almost as much as it depends on the set up. I've been running the hondata set up on my 94 (not obdII obviously) for two years now. At 6-7 psi I made 180 hp. The turbo is a t3/to4b. I built the kit piece by piece. A kit may be the better way to go since there are so many options on the market now. If you buy a kit it will more than likely come with parts that you wont need if you go Hondata so that is something else to consider.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well yea i somewhat agree with f20c, but then again if he did lets say get a greddy kit, the only think that woudl come extra would be the electronic control box. that can be saved insace he ever decided to sell the kit. else he can sell it off on ebay for about $25-$50. everythign else on the greddy kit would be used and then some. I do suggest getting the 440 inejctros over the 310. and you coudl realistically go to about 10-11 lbs for daily driver and be ok.

As f20 also staed, it depends on how much you basically rag onthe car, so advice would be don;t make every light you are at a race. only use it when needed, else drive it easy. it would last a long time that way. That kind of boost would be about 220 to the wheels average

1 - 9 of 9 Posts