Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching on this dseries for about 2 months trying to gather all the info i can in order to turbo my civic. Really dont need help with the build but am looking to obtain 200-300whp and know i need a good tune. Really want to go obd2b to obd1 p28 with s200 or s300 i guess hondata ... this is where i need help...Are there any shops in my area (south jersey) that will tune my car ? where! . Can i drive it there on stock ecu with turbo low boost and rebuild without messing anything up... can i tune myself with labtop and some programs ... can someone just give a straight up answer and not a run around to another forum ... tell me how you tuned your turbo set up etc ..all advice with this would be great will post pics and updates of my build once it gets going

·
Registered
347 Posts
I would shoot for the lower end of your 200-300 goal if your block is stock. 7-10psi should do you just fine. Plan on spending 3500 pretty easily if you want quality parts you piece together.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Google for a car tuner. I did a quick search of New Jersey. It's so densely populated in your part of the country I found dozens. You pick the best/closest one to you. I would definitely get your car to a tuner. Don't drive it there. Have it towed there. That's your straight up answer on a platter. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
^^ google is your friend. If you can find a used S200 that's great, pick it up. They're inferior when compared to the S300 though. The S300 will allow your tuner to get the car dialed in better for drivability with the additional features it offers.
If you're on a budget and just want to ensure the car is properly tuned, get the S100.
P.S. Don't beat the crap out of the stock bottom end and do repetitive high RPM pulls. It will spin bearings.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Seems like all your questions have been answered. But I call bull on your search. I could of found all your answers in 10mins or less. Also 200-300hp is a big gap. Stock block wont be to happen at 3.
Also dont forget about emissions if u have them.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The only way to tune the ECU is with an OBD1 chipped ecu so talk to your tuner and they will be able to get you set up there and you will need a OBD2 2 OBD1 conversion harness. I wouldnt try to drive on low boost with a stock ECU it will lean out once boost hits. Also the stock bottom end will only hold 200 whp about.

I got a basemap from my tuner to get me to the dyno. Then they tuned it. I wouldnt try to tune yourself unless you know how the timing needs to be set with each PSI of boost and the timing needing to be retarded. Also the fuel maps will need to be changed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts