Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been a cam shoot out for the d16z6, but has anyone done any testing with different cams and the results for the d16y8, as I know the head characteristics are slightly different, so the result should be different somehow.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
you can run the same cam in a y8. just need to adjust an adjustable cam gear to get a TDC. the results should be about the same. not exactly the same since the heads arent identical but it would be a good rough guess

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I'm saying, just wondering if anyone did the test on the y8. The power band should be slightly different in my opinion.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i've seena few guys running and raving over delta regrind 272-2, so for 200$ thats the cost of shipping and the regrind u cant really beat it.. so thats why i ordered mine lol.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i've seena few guys running and raving over delta regrind 272-2, so for 200$ thats the cost of shipping and the regrind u cant really beat it.. so thats why i ordered mine lol.
Well let me know how it is when you get it.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
i love my 272-2 holds power to my 8500 redline

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I won't have a dyno till spring....but it feels like it is still pulling at 8500 rpm's when I shift.... I' d spin it to 9k if I trusted vitaras at that high a speed

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
I won't have a dyno till spring....but it feels like it is still pulling at 8500 rpm's when I shift.... I' d spin it to 9k if I trusted vitaras at that high a speed
Badass. After I get my suzys+hbeams (and decide to upgrade drivetrain) I'm gonna rev that shit to the moon

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
+1 I have a Delta 272-2 but had not the time to use it yet. :3dbiggrin:
I feel your pain my dude!! I'm in the same boat!!

Locked my z6 the same day we were gonna install the cam and kit, but I picked up a d15 bottom end for $80, so its on. Now the only question is wether or not I'll cough up the extra dough for aftermarket vsprings.. :bandito:

Either way, cam goes in

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
valvesprings are almost a must with the 272-2....and i wouldnt rev your vitaras to the moon.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts