Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm new to a lot of this and I'm trying to figure out what parts I wanna use for my internals and I'm aiming for a 350 whp dd. I was looking into the Brian crowler stage 2 turbo cam and oversized valves with springs retainers and guides has anyone had any experience with this setup. Any input would be nice. I am dry sleeving the block with darton sleeves but that's the only thing set in stone so far.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm doing eagle rods not sure of pistons or bore yet and acl race bearings I'm building a spare motor that I purchased so I'm not rushed I'm taking my time and trying to build it right

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Ok so I'm new to a lot of this and I'm trying to figure out what parts I wanna use for my internals and I'm aiming for a 350 whp dd. I was looking into the Brian crowler stage 2 turbo cam and oversized valves with springs retainers and guides has anyone had any experience with this setup. Any input would be nice. I am dry sleeving the block with darton sleeves but that's the only thing set in stone so far.
Like said above, stock sized valves will get you there very easily. As also said above, rods and pistons is the most the motor will require, no need to spend the extra money or add the extra weight from getting it sleeved. But if your downright set on it check out these guys here. Thet are much cheaper and just as good.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
I'm doing eagle rods not sure of pistons or bore yet and acl race bearings I'm building a spare motor that I purchased so I'm not rushed I'm taking my time and trying to build it right
I would rather over build than underbuild
Punch it out to 75.5 get a set of CP pistons and follow recommended P2W clearance.

The the y8 head will flow for the goals you are setting plus more. Look in the showcase area or search Turbo y8 (or something along those lines) and see what other people are running.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm using a skunk2 pro intake manifold with 68mm throttle body and arm fuel rail adjustable fpr and upgrading fuel lines to 6an lines and 320 lph deacth works fuel pump

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
I was told by others that sleeving the block was a must. That the stock sleeves wernt any good for boost.
Who ever told you that doesn't know what they are talking about.'

Once again look in the showcase area to look at other folks builds. There is only a few that actually did any type of sleeving.

Now please for the love of Jesus go search. You started off strong but now your n00bness is start to overcome your intelligent thought process, if there was any to start with

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I'm using a skunk2 pro intake manifold with 68mm throttle body and arm fuel rail adjustable fpr and upgrading fuel lines to 6an lines and 320 lph deacth works fuel pump
You don't need a throttle body that big, you wont need a fuel rail until over 400, can do and adjustable FPR but personally I'd skip it, skip the bigger lines and the 320lph pump and stick with a walbro 255 unless they are the same price.

I was told by others that sleeving the block was a must. That the stock sleeves wernt any good for boost.
They were wrong or they still tune using a VAFC, numerous people have made 400+ on stock single cam sleeves for years, get a decent tuner and you wont have any problems

I would rather over build than underbuild
No sense wasting money on items that aren't going to be an issue until you start making real BIG numbers

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Wow your kinda a jerk glad I joined a group and payed to be part of it just to get talked down too. Sorry if questions makes me a unintelligent person. I have three kids and am married sorry if I don't have all the time in the world to sift through years of threads. 2drz6

·
Retired From Hondas
2,795 Posts

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Wow your kinda a jerk glad I joined a group and payed to be part of it just to get talked down too. Sorry if questions makes me a unintelligent person. I have three kids and am married sorry if I don't have all the time in the world to sift through years of threads. 2drz6
you think your the only one on here that married with 3 kids? think again

I already told you to search turbo y8 and all your questions would be answered.

intelligent questions get answered, dumb noobish questions dont answered. Instead of waiting around to be spoonfed go on over to the showcase section and start looking

Whats the saying, give a man a fish feed him for the day, teach a man to fish feed him for a lifetime..

·
Retired From Hondas
2,795 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
you think your the only one on here that married with 3 kids? think again

I already told you to search turbo y8 and all your questions would be answered.

intelligent questions get answered, dumb noobish questions dont answered. Instead of waiting around to be spoonfed go on over to the showcase section and start looking

Whats the saying, give a man a fish feed him for the day, teach a man to fish feed him for a lifetime..
Word. Married with kids is no reason to be a lazy noob . we all have shit to deal with daily.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,795 Posts
Im going to say this and im out of this thread...

Whatever your budget is.. DOUBLE IT

making a eco-friendly car designed for 100hp into a 300hp street machine requires alot fo parts that Im sure you havent factored into your build. Its better to do it right the 1st time, then to have your car parked while you wait for replacement parts and/or fixing.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
No one on here got to where they are at now without searching and searching and researching. People now days have it so much easier then when I started modding cars. Back when we did it there was no research about what parts worked at what didn't, you just bought it and hopped it stayed together. There was no right or wrong way. Parts where twice as much and half as good. The car tuning world has come a long way.

All the info you need is at your finger tips on this site. Most guys will have you spend way to much building up a motor with unnecessary parts, then when it lets go you will be all mad and butthurt about. For your goals not much is needed. Realistically if you didnt want to drive the car very long you can make 300 for a few pulls on a stock block.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts