Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. Basically this is meant to be fun thread where people can voice there opinions, help me piece together a kit, help others decide that are thinking of doing the same, and provide progress updates. My goal end game is a reliable build throwing down roughly 200-225whp. I know i can't push anymore than that on stock internals. I Recently bough a 650 dollar daily driver so now i no longer have to rely on my del sol for dd use, so i can start getting stuff done.

How my car sits now:
-95 Del Sol S
-Stock D16y8 w/ S20 a000 transmission
-Power Steering/ A/c Delete
-Full 2.5" header back custom exhaust
-Chipped P06 Ecu

My plan is to get the goautoworks turbo starter kit ( GO-AUTOWORKS Turbo starter kit ) with the turbonetics T3 Super 60 .63 a/r, ebay intercooler kit, p28 ecu tuned with neptune on demon once finished and ready to tune, wideband. I haven't yet picked out a BOV or determined what kind i want to run rather. And yes i will be running the s40 b000 transmission too. Walboro 255 fuel pump, 410cc or 450cc injectors.

Here's my questions
- Would i be better off in the long run buying a p28 w/ hondata and spending the extra money?
- What is the best injector option without having to hack up the harness?
- What would be the best BOV option?
- What are the downsides to using a full godspeed or cx racing turbokit from ebay?
- Are the ebay options actually a better choice for the buck provided a good tune?
- Is replacing the stock cam with say a comp 105100 really benificial other than efficiency?
- Is it neccessary to replace rods and rod bearings for my power/reliability goal?
- am i on the right track?!
-Is a intake mani and tb worth it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and fully respected. I will be spending roughly 350 to 400 dollars a month on this until completed. Thanks!

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Alright guys. Basically this is meant to be fun thread where people can voice there opinions, help me piece together a kit, help others decide that are thinking of doing the same, and provide progress updates. My goal end game is a reliable build throwing down roughly 200-225whp. I know i can't push anymore than that on stock internals. I Recently bough a 650 dollar daily driver so now i no longer have to rely on my del sol for dd use, so i can start getting stuff done.

How my car sits now:
-95 Del Sol S
-Stock D16y8 w/ S20 a000 transmission
-Power Steering/ A/c Delete
-Full 2.5" header back custom exhaust
-Chipped P06 Ecu

My plan is to get the goautoworks turbo starter kit ( GO-AUTOWORKS Turbo starter kit ) with the turbonetics T3 Super 60 .63 a/r, ebay intercooler kit, p28 ecu tuned with neptune on demon once finished and ready to tune, wideband. I haven't yet picked out a BOV or determined what kind i want to run rather. And yes i will be running the s40 b000 transmission too. Walboro 255 fuel pump, 410cc or 450cc injectors.

Here's my questions
- Would i be better off in the long run buying a p28 w/ hondata and spending the extra money? Depends on tuner. Go with what they knw best.
- What is the best injector option without having to hack up the harness? I dont know about best but i used the rdx 410cc there around $240 new plug and play
- What would be the best BOV option? Again it comes down to each person. MY godspeed 50mm works and sounds great. some people like the hks ssqv while other greddy rs
- What are the downsides to using a full godspeed or cx racing turbokit from ebay? Some say the turbos arent made to be pushed hard, and some parts wont fit 100% and need modding.
- Are the ebay options actually a better choice for the buck provided a good tune? As in an ebay kit vs a goautoworks? Go autoworks would be better but will cost more. You can get an ebay kit and just replace the parts that break down the line.
- Is replacing the stock cam with say a comp 105100 really benificial other than efficiency? I wouldnt brother with it for the power level your doing.
- Is it neccessary to replace rods and rod bearings for my power/reliability goal? If the motor is good then no need to replace anything internals on the motor.
- am i on the right track?! Yea your getting there read some build threads.
-Is a intake mani and tb worth it? I dont think it would be with your power level. Id use that money for better turbo parts or gauges.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and fully respected. I will be spending roughly 350 to 400 dollars a month on this until completed. Thanks!
Answers in red.
And some some searching around and look at other peoples builds to get an idea of what they did and what work.
Also need to post your skills. If your able to fab stuff and mod things. Cut, weld, drill etc... then you might be able to piece a kit together yourself.
If you cant do any of that your need a bolt on kit.

Also think about emissions where you leave.

·
Registered
93 eg coupe
418 Posts
Arp headstuds

EBay is ok Godspeed is stepping thier game up from what I hear.

I had 200hp on a non vtec zc sohc w/Dna turbo kit eBay that is.......450 dsm injectors

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah arp head studs are a definite before bolting the kit on. I'm looking for more of a bolt on kit mainly because of my resources. That and i feel i'll get more reliability with a bolt on. I would buy an ebay kit if i wasnt worried about a lot of fab work. From my research it seems like with most of the ebay kits ill have to cut some of the intercooler piping to fit but that fine. Do the godspeed kits still require a lot of fab other than charge piping? The main thing it boild down to is reliability because i'll be driving it a good bit, but not beating on it constantly. If an ebay kit like godspeed will provide that to me thats the route i'll take to save money. Keep in mind this ebay kit would have an excellent tune because i'm shooting for reliability.

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic EX
313 Posts
the go autoworks kit comes with your choice of tial or turbonetics bov.

edit: not that one, sorry. id go with the street kit ready to go.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
if your p06 is chipped like you say it is then there is no need to get another ecu chipped.you do not need upgrade internals for 220hp. an ebay kit will work but you will have to modify the intercooler setup most likely and the exhaust setup, if you dont have fab skills or the tools then either learn and buy your tools or pay up front for a good quality kit.

for injectors i just bought fuel injector clinic 525cc and they are great, they come with clip pigtails so all you need is to buy an obd2 civic injector clip and wire it to the injector pigtails to make them plug and play

·
Registered
matrix
68 Posts
my buddys z6 is pushing around your power goals. hes running a small greddy kit and 3inch skunk 2 turbo back. with arp studs but everything else is stock. daily driven no problem with exedy stage 1 clutch even stage 2 is not bad. BOV depends on ur sound liking and your budget. if you want a super loud one turbo xs RFL bov is for you. dsm 450cc injectors should be bolt on i think no work needed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah i also hear that dsm injectors are inconsistent and don't work real well with a lot of setups. I'm capable of the task, i just don't have access to a lot of fab tools. Thats why i was leaning more towards a bolt on kit so i wouldn't run into really any issues installing. I'm definitely leaning more towards plug and play injectors, and as for a BOV i just want something efficient but if they don't vary much i guess sound it is which i like a turbo chatter rather than a loud sudile release of pressure. I appreciate the input guys. I'll keep you all posted. And ill post pics within a couple days. Im replacing the front clip with the 97 style because i like the bumper better, never was a big fan of the fogs on the common style bumper.

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic EX
313 Posts
your going to need the intercooler setup so might as well just get the whole kit from goautoworks and bolt on and go. with the exception of injectors/tune of course...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts