Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 96 civic d16y8 with about 183k miles. My goal is to get about 200-250 hp. What rods/pistons and turbo kit should I look at getting? I would rather do it all at once therefore I don't have to worry about tearing the motor back down later on.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
If you searched you would realize you don't need rods or pistons for your goal, feel free to waste all your money rather than time searching. Time=money

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts
If you searched you would realize you don't need rods or pistons for your goal, feel free to waste all your money rather than time searching. Time=money
so my je pistons and fjt rods, and engine work was for nothing? fuck me running. all I want is 250whp:(

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
so my je pistons and fjt rods, and engine work was for nothing? fuck me running. all I want is 250whp:(
Guess I should have said you don't need forged internals since you do need rods and pistons to make a motor run lol, but yes no need for forged unless you plan on going bigger later or just want peace of mind. I was dynoed at 222whp on 6.5psi, I'm now running 7.5-8 psi so I'm probably around 235 on stock internals and fuel pump

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts
lol, just being a smart ass. its always nice to know I could double my hp if I ever decided to. still need to get around and build that motor, but other things seem to pop up.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I do know I dont need rods and pistons for my goal. However, with the millage and to do it just to be safe is why I was asking.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
I boosted my y5 at 175xxx on stock block and it made it to 210xxx before I got rear ended, I boosted my y8 at 182xxx and I'm now at 193xxx with no internal issues so I think you will be fine, my y8 is making 222whp 177tq when dyno tuned and I turned the boost up slightly since then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts