Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im running a stock d16y8 on 5psi from phereable.net. engine runs good has good power but im not able to pull full timing out of it. im only getting like 8 degrees out of it. i assumed that maybe it has something to do with the chip. possible z6 maps on it but he says no. he also says the only way he can see whats going on it diagnosing it himself. im running a chipped and converted p06 ecu. before i put the kit on i was running the same ecu with stock y8 maps with timing set at 12deg. ive checked and double checked my cam timing all is good. thanks in advanced for the info

·
Registered
65 Posts
from what I have gathered, crome is not so good in terms of tuning timing. Someone with actual experience will need to chime in here, but I just wanted to provide a sanity check before you pull your hair out trying to fix something that isn't broken.

xenocron or phearable or someone here may be able to shed some more light on the subject, but you are not crazy, crome just isn't up to the tasks under some circumstances.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts