Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
d16y8 thermostat housing points up???? does b7?

I just put a b7 in my 89 DX. The thermoswitch is on the back on the block like it is on EF's. I happen to have a y8 thermostat housing with thermoswitch.Everything bolts up fine. The problem is the that the nipple on the housing, where you connect the lower rad. hose is pointing up at like a 45 degress angle. That can't be good for flow????

If someone with a b7 (92-95 DX) could tell if the thermostat housing is facing up or not. so I know if I need to source another housing or not. if the b7's is the same I just leave it I guess. Also it's threaded for the thermoswitch right?? MUCHO REP for anybody that can answer.

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
yea mine points up just like that. but how is your b7 switch on the back? I just extended my wires over by the thermostat and plugged it in.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hmm, that seems like it would restrict flow. Well, that's something I don't have get (Man, I've been haviong get all kind of random shit trying to put a b7 in my EF). It's not on the back. I have a y8 thermo housing tapped for the thermoswitch. The EF one doesn't fit in the housing, it to long.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
i think its to eliminate a lot of air bubbles that other manufacturers' engines can be prone to after a coolant change/flush.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts