Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everyone,

My name is Alex and I'm new to this forum. I had take a look around and i'm pretty sure I could find some good tech infos for my little Drag car project.:TU: I'm french canadian so i'm there to practicing my english to!

I Did a project D16y8 Turbo with Go-autoworks Pro kit this summer. Gets out a 12.5 @ 111 mph in a 99 civic coupe Ex 2700 pounds street weight . First summer experience in Drag racing so i'm pretty Happy with those results. I'm sure I could even do some better times but I did not had the time to practice more than 4 time this season...

Now my Project:

Swap Everything i'm my new 1989 crx dx. Stripping the interior, weight reduction, LSD of course.. Sound's good to me to hit some 11 seconds Pass !

What i'm asking you guy is to help me putting that engine in my car and make that thing kick some american muscle A** at the track. I know Greg at go-autoworks did a nice project with is Ef hatch, i want to do about the same swap . I'm sure some of you will be able to help me.

i will Also put some picture in that tread all long during the build of that car.

A HUGE thanks To D-series.org You Rock guys.:cool:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
You'll have one hell of a weight reduction going to that chassis. i dont think youll gain .5 but youll definitely gain something. If you didnt run slicks, put slicks on there. and see what she'll do.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
With some practice and some work you should reach that goal easily. If the motor is stock internally you may want to start working on the head and fortifying the bottom to handle turning up the boost when its time for some timed runs. Good luck and welcome.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll have one hell of a weight reduction going to that chassis. i dont think youll gain .5 but youll definitely gain something. If you didnt run slicks, put slicks on there. and see what she'll do.
Yeah i do run slicks 23-8.5R15 M&H best 60ft. 1.82.. I'm pretty sure I could drop that time with practice. The Crx is about 300 Kilos lighter, so I should drop those time a bit without tuning the engine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome man! An 11 sec. CRX is definitely possible and very plausible. What did your build consist of as far as internals?
The set-up is a d16y8, FJT rods, Vitara's, stock head, Ram horm manifold, garrett t3/t4 57 trim, 3 inch exhaust, stock open diff y8 tranny. boosting 20 pounds and get out a 295Whp, Hondata tunned. Did like 4000 milles with the engine this summer and run's as good as at the beginning. everything build by me.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
700-900lbs lighter without a problem. I think you'll be in the 11's with just the weight reduction.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With some practice and some work you should reach that goal easily. If the motor is stock internally you may want to start working on the head and fortifying the bottom to handle turning up the boost when its time for some timed runs. Good luck and welcome.
Yes working on the head is for sure a future plan ! but next year my only goal is the get the Crx running well and it 11 seconds pass with the same set-up. i did a run on the dyno at 24 pounds and it had produce 319whp. never try to drag at that boost, i want to be safe at the moment.:doh:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
700-900lbs lighter without a problem. I think you'll be in the 11's with just the weight reduction.
Yeah Should be a possible thing !! it's the goal to reatch ! my 12.5 pass was with 2 person in the car 1.9 60 ft... Maybe i be able to drop that at 12.30-40.
i have friends that do 1.6 with crx 60 ft times. Should be easy to get in the 11's.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Where you from? I'm in Montreal!

What shop did you get tuned at? You hit up Napi I'm guessing?
Maybe I'll see you out there next year

That's a CLEAN CRX for Quebec, good find! Your Civic looks nice, too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where you from? I'm in Montreal!

What shop did you get tuned at? You hit up Napi I'm guessing?
Maybe I'll see you out there next year

That's a CLEAN CRX for Quebec, good find! Your Civic looks nice, too.
I'm from trois-rivieres, I got tuned at synoptic and my drag racing napi and pond rouge ! but napi is the best track in quebec.

good 60fts are actually easier to get with your current coupe than they will be with the short ass wheel base on the CRX
Sure ! but i'm pretty confident than 350kilo lighter will get the car able to move faster. high spring rate, High back suspenssion, low front, Slicks and new LSD.. those will sure help me alot.

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
Sure ! but i'm pretty confident than 350kilo lighter will get the car able to move faster.
tell that to the 4000lb "american muscle" running low 1 second 60fts!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
secret is all about weight transfert for RWD.. So for fwd less weight transfert mean better traction. imo We cant compare RWD to FWD this is just not the same game.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm from trois-rivieres, I got tuned at synoptic and my drag racing napi and pond rouge ! but napi is the best track in quebec.
Awesome, how did you like Synoptic?

Do you ever do any road racing, like at St-Eustache or Mirabel?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome, how did you like Synoptic?

Do you ever do any road racing, like at St-Eustache or Mirabel?
Yes Synoptic offer me a very nice service, recommend to everyone.

No I didn't road race, my turbo set-up wheels spin so bad 1-2 gear and too much lag. N/a motor are the best for RR, I had a Eg hatch b16a2 that thing could be fast at the track but drag racing was so gay lol ran like 15.10 Et :sleep1:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
that same setup with a ported and plished head, good cam and valvetrain and you would have no problem getting into 11's
maybe even a bigger turbo so your not at a super high psi either.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts