Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm swapping an engine for 1997 civic dx. I have a complete D16y8 engine and transmission, excluding wiring harness and ecu.
I'm planning to just use the wiring harness from the old motor, D16y7.
My question is what parts do I need if I use a P2P ecu? If I choose the P28 ecu, what do I need?

Thanks

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,471 Posts
a search noob. give it a try.

·
Registered
2000 Civic Hatch EJ6
6 Posts
do yourself a favor. go to the junkyard and pull a complete engine harness and ecu for that year d16y8 engine (obd2a or obd2b. research the difference between these two, trust me, i didnt and got all kinds of crap mixed up) you also may or may not need to get a new cabin harness depending what year the y8 engine is as well... I'm currently putting a y8 in my 2000 dx that also had a y7.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
You can buy from online vendors a sub harness to connect the things your factory harness doesn't (Vtec/knock sensor). You may need a throttle cable if yours is too short. And the IACV wiring will need to be moved around a little.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
my Y7 auto throttle cable worked after I created a cable bracket and looped around motor pretty much.

throw out the idea of the swap being super simple if you have a 99-00 d16y8 motor (air injection ports)

Research more

If your car is manual, you also need to consider 2wire IACV versus 3wire IACV

if the d16y8 is from a 96-98, it is still at a minimum engine harness, ecu, rewiring IACV, minor cabin harness mods if you use a 96 Y8 harness

1 - 6 of 6 Posts