Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just swapped my '97 d16y7 intake over to the y8. My car is a 5 speed and the mani came from an auto, but i dnt know what yr. It did have the air assist ports though. I plumbed everything right, capped off the small nipple on the back + the big one that feeds the air assist. Also swapped my y7 throttle body over and changed the rotor over to the y8. Nothing was left undone according to the diy write-ups I've read. Problem now is that the idle surges pretty hard. No SES light either. I sprayed brake parts cleaner where the manifold mounts to the head, and the surging idle bogged down. Any ideas? Bolts were extremely tight when i installed it. Could the air assist ports be pulling in air?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
So I just swapped my '97 d16y7 intake over to the y8. My car is a 5 speed and the mani came from an auto, but i dnt know what yr. It did have the air assist ports though. I plumbed everything right, capped off the small nipple on the back + the big one that feeds the air assist. Also swapped my y7 throttle body over and changed the rotor over to the y8. Nothing was left undone according to the diy write-ups I've read. Problem now is that the idle surges pretty hard. No SES light either. I sprayed brake parts cleaner where the manifold mounts to the head, and the surging idle bogged down. Any ideas? Bolts were extremely tight when i installed it. Could the air assist ports be pulling in air?
'

did you use a new intake manifold gasket?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts