Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the middle of having a pretty nice y8 swaped in my 92 Si hatch, my problem is i need a motor mount kit and im finding it next to imposable to find. Its a 5 speed (cable) not hydro. No one seems to make one that i know of(am i wrong? ). what should i do?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if any one would like share there insight it would really help
innovative mounts makes the closest one but i have cable tranny, and its for a hydro, does this matter?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Just sell the cable tranny and get a hydro Si one.

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
just get a hydro trans. it will be better for you and alot easier. i wouldnt use the cable trans unless u had no other choice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet, the 96 hydro trany is in and i got a innovative mounts kit on the way, now once i get the engine in place were shoud i look to next for some power gains. i have a cold air intake and a full exhaust system (header to muff in 2.5in piping) i was thinking AEM sprocket and pully, but over all there only going to get me 5-10hp more, is this a smart buy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
in the begining of my build i wanted to stay N/A (because i pretty much race every were i go and dont want to blow up the mofo on the count of my lead foot) but i dont want to spent a couple G's building on a crapy 1.6 to 175 or 200, is there a stroker kit for my Y8 yet, or is my best bet to boost and juice (keep in mind i tend to race against 240's and powerful b-series)

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
yes u can boost a stock engine. get a good tune and low boost and u should be ok.i would recommend getting some arp headbolts and a headgasket.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, would edelbrock's turbo kit for the 96 ex(my engine) w/ 5-7lb's of boost get me to a 200-250hp range

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so would i first need to do some head work, maybe put in a hondata and tune out all n/a first, so when i do put it in it works a little more smoothly

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cool, i love my 92 si hatch, i payed 26 hund and have huge plans, whats the best comp to look in to for a turbo i wont soon get tired of (by that i mean is most powerfull of all aplications)
... greddy, HKS....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts