Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm thinking about supercharging my d16y8. Also, I'd like to tune my v-tec to engauge at 4500 rpm instead of the standard 5200.

A few things I'd like to know:

What's the best method for tuning v-tec?
Would a bigger fuel pump help?
Is it worth getting lumpy cams?
Would I be better off getting forged internals for tuning?

For the last one I'd like to try and move up the redline to 8500.

Any good advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

voodooman

·
Registered
395 Posts
If you want to run up to 8500rpms id definitely get forged internals. a Cam can definitely help, but is really only effective with a ported head. Springs and retainers would be a smart upgrade to. A higher flowing fuel pump and injectors would also be a good investment.

Just get your ecu chipped and get a competent tuner and ell him what you want. he should be able to adjust the specs to what you want without to much of a hassle.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
if you get a larger cam, you will actually need to raise your vtec engagement. 8500 rpm is quite a bit for a D. Even with forged internals, its still not to smart to run that high. If your supercharging, you have to upgrade your fuel system. If the motor i going in an OBDII car, get an OBDII-OBDI jumper harness and a P28 and tune it that way

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
what supercharger system are you thinking of getting, the jrsc can run on a stock fuel pump or they have one you can upgrade to. but i wouldnt change the cam if you get the jrsc.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Hi,

I'm thinking about supercharging my d16y8. Also, I'd like to tune my v-tec to engauge at 4500 rpm instead of the standard 5200.

A few things I'd like to know:

What's the best method for tuning v-tec?
Would a bigger fuel pump help?
Is it worth getting lumpy cams?
Would I be better off getting forged internals for tuning?

For the last one I'd like to try and move up the redline to 8500.

Any good advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

voodooman
all the answsers your looking for can be found if you read around, look up key words, vtec tuning or jrsc. not just on here. google helps too.

you better port and shim your y8 oil pump if your gonna spin anything close to 8.5k (i'd do it just for insurance leave vtec where it is unless its changed by a dyno tuner, and if your going to tune, use a p28 chipped and socketed with a program, hondata, neptune, ectune,crome

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Why would you want to turn a d series that high? If you want to rev that high, get a B16.

Not hating, but its just not worth it, especially if you're going to boost it. You won't make power that high with out a HUGE, custom cam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts