Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Civic EX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I had the awesome luck of spinning a rod bearing along with damaging several of the valves in my D16Y8. :TD: I just wanted to get some advice and or thoughts on what to do next. I am leaning more to replace the motor instead of rebuild. I would like to stick with the D16Y8 however in my location I cannot find any at all and I am not paying $1000 for one. If any body has any advice, guidance or anything it would be greatly appreciated.:surrender: As well as anyone who could point me in the direction of finding a Y8 for a reasonable price I would be grateful.:fingersx: Thank you for reading.

-Nicholas

·
Registered
1998 Civic EX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea the head is salvageable. I actually found a EJ8 that was in a wreck and ended up buying the whole car for $600.00 so I am going to pull the motor from that and drop it in mine. Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
2000 Civic Hatch EJ6
6 Posts
Under what circumstances did the bearing spin. How did you find out. Is this a motor you built or was it all stock motor? Aftermarket anything?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Id trash it all start over. Maybe melt down the aluminum and make something out of it.

I'm making bullets out of my old Automatic 240 transmission

1 - 5 of 5 Posts