Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, well first off i have 95 Civic Dx manual. A friend of mine has a 99 D16y8 motor that he has at his grandpa's shop an has been sitting there for over 2 years now, we wanted to do this last year but just didn't work out. So anyways now we have a car n the motor. We now a decent amount of stuff were planning on doign the work are self he knows alot more about this stuff then i do, he asked me to find out what we need an all that.

So what im asking you guys if you can sorta just tell me the parts we need. I mean iv'e looked around but don't really understand everything. Like we plan on Boosting it, we've seen cars with a T3 turbo 8 Psi pushing like 215WHP an were kinda aiming for that maybe a little less, we have like a 4k budget. So if you can help out thatd be amazing I plan on taking alot of pics an everything an will keep the thread updated.

Im not like asking for brand n prices n everything just asking like do i need new rods, pistons just kinda basic stuff like that thank you

·
Registered
667 Posts
youll save loads of time with fj distributors, check em out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
really just gonna be a daily driver, but would love to be able to have the HP to race when i want.

See an i really don't know like what i NEED, like new pistons and rods i know that, but like fuel injectors what CC all that stuff i just don't understand. I tried learning it mean read like the biggest write up on Turbo's on this website was very interesting =). Like what compression do i have to get it to, 13:1 just that kinda stuff i don't understand. and that exact parts i need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eagle H-Beams-290.00$-Says most common on zc,D16a,d16z6 So would it work on a y8?
Vitara Pistons - 90.00$
Kit includes 75.5mm Low compression Pistons,NPR or Hastings Pistons Rings,Full Floating Pins and Pin Locks,Pistons are made By Y.C.P.

Found a t3/t4 kit- 600-850$
Comes with everything.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Civic-D15-D16-D-Series-T3-T4-Turbo-Kit-Cast-BOV-FMIC-WG_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1163Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem290291034788QQitemZ290291034788QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

What else will i need?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I suggest not buying an ebay turbo kit regardless who makes it.

You will need fuel pump, injectors, tapped oil pan, possible resistor box depending on your injectors...

Oh yeah and the cost of machine work... I suggest not just pulling your oil rods/pistons and throwing in some new ones. That will just cause headaches.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
I'd get the FJT bottom end kit since it's cheap and effective. From their I'd put together a DIY turbo kit. If done right you can have a reliable 300+ hp set-up for around 2-2500 leaving you the rest to spend on other parts of the car.

Honestly though, if all you want is 215whp here's what'd be the most cost effective route.

ARP headstuds
OEM metal HG
HF manifold
adaptor plate (make sure the flange is proper for the turbo you buy)
DSM BOV
DSM 14b (or T3 from a Saab, etc)
DSM 450's
Ebay FMIC and piping
Oil/Coolant feed and return lines
socketed and chipped ECU running Crome

If done right, this set-up can be done for under 1k and will easily get you to the 215whp mark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts