Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

first of all, if this is the wrong section I am sorry. Didn't knew where to post it else.

to my problem:
I have a d16y8 engine, pretty stockish, just I/H/E, sometimes in near future i wanna throw a turbo on it and boost it. I got a p28 chipped for cheap and wanna run it on the d16y8 now. On ectune there is a basemap but the ign timing is set at 21.75*, looks sketchy to me, kinda. So I googled and found some maps from users and downloaded them, they are all on 16* or 12* ign. So what should I run now? I am from germany and there are just a few people who actually tune a honda obd1 engine. I wanna get it run on stockish like a stock p2p and if i throw a turbo on it, kinda "safely" tune it on myself as i need to drive 400miles to get to an tuner that actually can tune it.

So which map is basically the right one? Should i go with the 21.75*, 16* or 12* ign? Idk anymore at this point, i tried to google to find answers but the most people are arguing theoretical and it seems to me that nobody actually ran that map. So maybe someone who actually run's an p28 or any obd1 on the d16y8 can help me out or maybe send me a stockish basemap, i would be really greatful.

thanks

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
945 Posts
it doesn't matter .

Timing light to sync the distributor with the ecu or not depending on what you do... ..and tune it safely ..

the maps are just a starting point , most of these maps will toast your thrown together turbo setup..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, yeah i just want a "stockish" map until i boost the y8. So it doesn't matter what ign timing I set as i sync the dizzy? Nice thanks. Gonna try out some base maps than and look what works the best on "stockish" i know a buddy with a bone stock d16y8 and he was on the dyno and got it tuned, is it safe to just use that map until i boost mine and go to a tuner?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts