Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 96 DX Sedan and I wanted to do an engine swap but because I'm low on budget, instead of doing a Bseries or Hseries swap, I decided to stay Dseries and got myself a D16y7 engine just like mine and a D16y8 Vtec head with intake manifold. anyway I'm planing on going WET NOS as well and today my Crower valve springs arrived :). I like to go OBD1 but for inspection purposes I've decided to stay OBD2 with a P2p ECU. Does anyone have any input on this swap??? Does anyone have a 4door sedan with similar set up and how much time doing on the track???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm pulling out my D16y7 engine and rebuilt it keep it for spare engine in case I blow out the mini me im doing... I also have a spare tranny but also keeping it for spare.. thanks for the Mini Me link.. Besides the crower springs I have nothing else to upgrade the head but that.. don't wanna spent too much money right now, I wanna see how it does as is...And yes I will juice it Wet...thanks!!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Why on earth did you buy springs if the rest of the valvetrain is stock?
Btw, the posted mini-me link is very useful. I used it about 6 years ago when I did my y7/y8 mini-me.

-Luke

·
Registered
123 Posts
you might want to look into a jumper harness to go back and forth between obd1 and obd2 that way you can have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
There's really nothing good about obd2 lol. But yes inorder to run a p28 you'll have to pick one up anyways. Then just unplug it all and plug in the p2p to pass inspection. I had to do it all the time when I lives in ny for yearly inspections.

-Luke

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
There's really nothing good about obd2 lol.
-Luke
except more data available to your scan tool when servicing it. more diagnostics tests you can run through that scan tool. oh and 10 times more specific codes... nothin good at all

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
except more data available to your scan tool when servicing it. more diagnostics tests you can run through that scan tool. oh and 10 times more specific codes... nothin good at all
who uses a scan tool :3dtard:
lol jk i'm sure it's all very helpful, but who cares, none of us are running obd2 anyways.

-Luke

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if it was up to me I run it OBD1 but my mechanic is more concern about the inspections more than I am.. i'm gonna look into that jumper harness and try to find a P28 ECU and Go OBD1 freak it.. I actually bought a whole Set of Crower springs, valve stems, retainers and what not but my mechanic said not to spent so much money yet cus he wants to see how it performs just wit the Springs alone.. So I canceled the order and just ordered springs... Anyway I hope it works out. thanks for the info once again.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Springs on their own are not going to do anything. At all. In terms of performance. I suppose you could push up the rev limited and feel a little safer about it but what's the point on a stock motor.

-Luke

1 - 12 of 12 Posts