Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Civic Ex
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spun bearings in 2 Y8 motors. After some investigating i was told that at high rpm's the oil pump shaft can slip causing oil pressure to fall. Does anyone else know of this or has proof of this happening? If so what was done to fix it?

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
I spun bearings in 2 Y8 motors. After some investigating i was told that at high rpm's the oil pump shaft can slip causing oil pressure to fall. Does anyone else know of this or has proof of this happening? If so what was done to fix it?
not possible. the main reason for these issues is because of a shitty crankshaft design and oil pump that flows nothing.

·
Registered
99 Civic Ex
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there anything i can do to fix this? I'm in the middle of rebuilding another motor right now. I have a budget of like $700 where should i spend money so this doesn't happen again?

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Is there anything i can do to fix this? I'm in the middle of rebuilding another motor right now. I have a budget of like $700 where should i spend money so this doesn't happen again?
replace the oil pump and get a z6 crankshaft along with brand new bearings on the bottom end.

bearings= about 60$
oil pump= 80-120$
crank= about 120$

so for about 400 you can have your build up and going again.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
or you could just port and shimmy the oil pump...look around for the write ups on this, there are all over the place

1 - 6 of 6 Posts