Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE HELP ! I have a boosted d16y8 on p28 s300 ecu . Couple weeks ago I snapped timing belt . Took head off rebuilt it , replaced timing belt , head gasket , and crank position sensor . Put everything together , went to start and no power .... at all . No dash lights , no starter click , no fuel pump kick on . I checked battery 12.7v and all grounds are good as well as fuses . Does anyone have an idea of what it could be ? Need to get this POS running .

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,939 Posts
battery fuse

·
Registered
971 Posts
Main Relay would be my first guess following by battery fuse then battery itself.
Double and triple check grounds as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
PLEASE HELP ! I have a boosted d16y8 on p28 s300 ecu . Couple weeks ago I snapped timing belt . Took head off rebuilt it , replaced timing belt , head gasket , and crank position sensor . Put everything together , went to start and no power .... at all . No dash lights , no starter click , no fuel pump kick on . I checked battery 12.7v and all grounds are good as well as fuses . Does anyone have an idea of what it could be ? Need to get this POS running .
The ground on the thermostat housing. Make sure it’s clean and tight. Also check the wiring on the crank position sensor. Both of those will give you a no start situation.

The ground on the thermostat housing. Make sure it’s clean and tight. Also check the wiring on the crank position sensor. Both of those will give you a no start situation.
check the resistance between an engine harness ground wire and the negative battery terminal. should be less than 1 ohm. also take off the battery ground and check the resistance between both ends should be as low as possible. a bad battery ground cable can sneak up on you.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Got battery jumper cables?

ground the body of the starter to the battery negative with the black set.

use the red set, take power carefully from starter power, clip it carefully to the power distribution terminal of the fusebox. Cover both power screws if possible, or at least the terminal the fat white wire from alternator botls to.

If it fires up, make a new ground wire that bolts onto transmission, and bolt it to the chassis, or directly to the NEG terminal of the battery.

thermostat ground can be shitty, and yet car will fire up, though may run shitty. But a bad thermostat ground will NOT impeed the motor from turning over, or dash lights from working.

EDIT resistance checks are sort of useless for checking connection quality. You can have fantastically low resistance with a SINGLE strand of a wire, yet obviously have near-zero movement of actual current.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts