Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Keepin it real since 1984
94 Integra/06 Harley
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i've been working on this swap for about a week now! i know way to long for just a manifold swap!!!! y8 manifold onto my A6, but i kept having all sorts of problems. i have a 99-00 y8 manifold. i plugged the fuel holes and vac ling for the fuel holes, got a b18a TB, a y8 FR and FPR and even a new manifold gasket. i've search and searched, but it's all the same pics... i'm not the best a this whole thing, but i'm trying..... i've gone through the whole process of elimantion and i'm stuck with 2 small (i hope) problems....

1~i'm still throwing a code 7, Throttle Position (TP Sensor).

2~i have black smoke at higer rpm's. anyone know why? i replaced the tps last night cause my last one was bad. i have to fix it by friday, cause i have to go to hammond, IN for work all weekend!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yo Dan,

I take it that you have already checked ur TPS sensor for proper voltage? .5 closed and 5 fully open?

If thats all good, you might want to check for continuity from the tps all the way to the ecu. Something might have pulled the wire and maybe broke it?
Might also want to check the throttle cable, too tight?

About the black smoke, you might want to check the new FPR. I'm not certain about which ECU you're using but with a stock PM6 something could go wrong. (I dunno... I'm still using stock fuel stuff minus my Field, just throwing stuff out there)

-Drew

·
Registered
934 Posts
pick up a B&M FPR and adjust the fuel pressure. Double check the harness to see if you forgot or broke something. Try putting back the a6 TB, see if that helps.

·
Keepin it real since 1984
94 Integra/06 Harley
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crxtscy said:
Yo Dan,

I take it that you have already checked ur TPS sensor for proper voltage? .5 closed and 5 fully open?

If thats all good, you might want to check for continuity from the tps all the way to the ecu. Something might have pulled the wire and maybe broke it?
Might also want to check the throttle cable, too tight?

About the black smoke, you might want to check the new FPR. I'm not certain about which ECU you're using but with a stock PM6 something could go wrong. (I dunno... I'm still using stock fuel stuff minus my Field, just throwing stuff out there)

-Drew
~thats my next step Drew, i was about to do it right now, but it started raining!! stupid weather. since my dad has his mustang in the garage i have to wait. kinda sucks. you know!

Apex001 said:
Try putting back the a6 TB, see if that helps.
~the a6 TB doesn't fit on the y8 manifold, but i tryed hooking up to my tps on my a6 and starting the car like that and it wasn't to bad.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I tried the same thing this weekend but on my sohc zc. I got the same error and a very ruff idle. code 7 I believe is the AIT sensor. I couldnt figure out how the heck to fix that prob. all sensors where plugged in I know that the y8 mani does not have a setup for a fast idle solenoid and the AIT sensor. I started a writeup but I had to put back my si IM because I needed to get to work. hehe. fyi, I have a 89 si hatch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts