Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone that has a D16Y8 with a JRSC kit. Specifically, I need some clarification regarding the fuel rail installation.

The Jackson racing instructions state that holes will need to be drilled in the OEM rail and phenolic spacers (2x) need to be installed.

If you have this setup, can you snap some pictures of the way the fuel rail is mounted and show pics of where the rail bolts up and how the spacers are installed?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
983 Posts
i had a y8 with a jrsc.

dont think i have any close up pics of the fuel rail.

i dont recall drilling holes in the fuel rail or using any kind of spacers.

also didnt have stock injectors i had injector nation 375cc so not sure if that makes a difference with needing spacers or not.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what the install instructions say:

"Your original fuel rail was held in place
with two 10-mm headed nuts. These two
nuts have a different centerline than the
manifold we supply. The supercharger manifold
used on your car fits many years and
models, consequently, you must drill two
simple holes in the flat area near your current
fuel rail mounting holes."

I stupidly threw away a Y8 fuel rail, thinking I'd never possibly need it for my A6. Now I'm kicking myself :/

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
983 Posts
This is what the install instructions say:

"Your original fuel rail was held in place
with two 10-mm headed nuts. These two
nuts have a different centerline than the
manifold we supply. The supercharger manifold
used on your car fits many years and
models, consequently, you must drill two
simple holes in the flat area near your current
fuel rail mounting holes."

I stupidly threw away a Y8 fuel rail, thinking I'd never possibly need it for my A6. Now I'm kicking myself :/
i suppose it is possible i drilled holes.

so then my question now is what are you missing that keeps yous from drilling holes in your current fuel rail?

any d series rail for the most part should work just drill the holes. i know i did drill holes to put a y7 fuel rail on a z6 intake one time. its not a difficult task.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so then my question now is what are you missing that keeps yous from drilling holes in your current fuel rail?
I’m trying to sell an extra JRSC kit that I have. I don’t have the phenolic spacers that the install instructions mention so I’m curious what they look like

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
983 Posts
this is what i found googling.

you can see the 3 spacers there. the middle one is broken in half.

i can tell you on mine it didnt have those spacers. and actually was a completely different style plenum and mounts.

added a pic of mine.

the white one is mine and you can see the type of fuel rail mounts are more similar to that of a regular y8 intake.

Attachments

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the manifold on the left is a b series so I’m not sure those spacers matter.

Your manifold on the right looks different than mine. I think I may have gotten one that has multiple mounting points for both fuel rails. I will check when I’m home.

Thanks for the pic!

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
So the manifold on the left is a b series so I’m not sure those spacers matter.

Your manifold on the right looks different than mine. I think I may have gotten one that has multiple mounting points for both fuel rails. I will check when I’m home.

Thanks for the pic!
My manifold has 3 mounting points iirc. not two. Interesting....

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
983 Posts
i think the 3 vs the 2 mounting points has to do with what it was made for.

im fairly certain mine was specifically for a d16y8. if you notice in the manifold the back of it has no port for IAT sensor. d16y8 had the sensor is in the intake tube so Jackson racing expected you to use that.

(i put in a crv style one so it would actually be semi accurate)

d16y8 intakes only have 2 mounting points for the fuel rails where the d16z6 has 3 so thats probably why yours is different. it was made for a z6 but as far as i can tell they all pretty much will work on any d series engine with some teaks here and there.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So yeah, that’s not how either of my two manifolds are:

I suspect that they were making different manifolds per application at one point and then changed it to a common manifold design because it was cheaper.

I’ve seen some that were cast (as you mentioned) without a hole for the IAT but mine just has a block off plate

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
So yeah, that’s not how either of my two manifolds are:

I suspect that they were making different manifolds per application at one point and then changed it to a common manifold design because it was cheaper.

I’ve seen some that were cast (as you mentioned) without a hole for the IAT but mine just has a block off plate

More parts to index and document . * excellent *

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
More parts to index and document . * excellent *
I’ll need to snap some pics of the really old “Sebring Superchargers by Jackson Racing” kit then!

Had a different version of the M45, a different bypass valve configuration, and a slightly different manifold

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
interesting.

what does the coolant port look like?

i know mine was for a 99-00 y8 as it had provisions for the cold start bullshit those engines had.

strange that they made so many different styles.
The only coolant port I've ever seen is the small circular port on the bottom left below the brass nipple:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts