Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just baught a 96 civic hatch dx. Its got the d16y7 and it needs more power. Ive been searching this site for a week now and found tns of good stuff. I fgure that i should probablly start with the y8 intake manifold swap. Is this a hard swap and do i need anything other than the manifold? Gaskets or tb. Yo guys all sem to know your shit and there isnt a lot of places for me to go for help here in maine.

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
your in Maine? my man Chris ( civic4ges ) is up there

welcome to our home

and getting rid of the y7 manifold would be your best upgrade for the least amount of money

you will need y8 manifold + manifold gasket + new t/b gasket , extend some wires and im PRETTY sure you can re-use your y7 t/b ( which is what I did )

I believe 2redstars and a few others have done complete write ups on the manifold swap

hope you can find everything your looking for

·
Registered
a city truck
832 Posts
you CAN reuse the y7 tb, you just need to get another throttle spring or adjust the y7, i did the swap, but luckly i had a couple other tb laying around so i took the spring off of a z6 tb.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i have another auto y8 throttle body and intake manifold....your gonna need an auto seeing as how the y7 has the three wire rotary IACV just like the auto y8. your injectors will work as well as your fuel rail. this is a pretty straight forward swap...lol....i had to machine an auto y8 manifold to work with a manual y8 IACV and c5 throttle body. let me know if you want the manifold.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello, All the people here ,I am from Venezuela,the land of the pretty babes,I have honda civic 92 I would like more power in my D15B7 engine I bought from ebay Fuel Rail and the blok before the Intake systems,I instaled these, but my car never whant to star,so I instaled againg the old parts and my car started,What is the problem?I need a big fuel pump?I need change the ingentors or need i istaled the pressure regulator? the bran the products is OBX,please helpe me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts