Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 ex m/t with a 00 d16y8 auto waiting to put in.
But than i saw that the intake plugs were different
my question is will my old 96 intake manifold work on the 99-00 engine..
and also do i need my 96-98 dizzy on that engine

any help will be appreciated...

·
Registered
155 Posts
wtf are u askin?:rl: LMAo, The d16y8 auto I.M. is different then the Manuel I.M. Manuel ones have a spot for the I.A.C.V. and the Auto I.M. does not it is on the T.B. As for the plugs, Depends on if the car is vtec or not? Pry the I.A.C.V plug whis is a three wire on the non vtec models and a 2 wire on the vtec models....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what i am trying too say is i blew the engine that was in my 96 ex and i bought a 2000 d16y8 engine that came from a auto car to replace it but i saw that the I.M is different b/c its the auto one. i have my old I.M from my old engine that is manual. i just want to kno if it will work since the 99-00 head have air injection and the 96-98 dont

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
It astonishes me that these questions get asked SOOOO frequently but thanks to you I get 2 posts for the price of one...

The Auto and Manual Y8 intake manifolds are different. The Manual uses a 2 wire IACV mounted on the back of the manifold, the Auto uses a 3 wire IACV that is incorporated into the Throttle Body.

If you've got a manual car and you bought an auto motor, take your manual IM off the blown motor and run it on the new one.

If you're hard nosed about it and HAVE TO HAVE the new Auto manifold, do some searching in the DIY forum and find the Y8 Auto to Manual Intake manifold conversion...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts