Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the forum and looking for some help. Ive got a 97 EX. im gonna build the y8 for NA. i need some ideas on what i could buy to get power out of it. i want fast and reliable but on a budget. any input or help? gonna be a long and drawn out process considering the budget thing.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
You should read alot, but basically its NA = Expensive, Turbo = cheaper. You can rebuild the motor with stock internals and build a decent turbo on a budget and push 200hp out reliably. There ar a tons of guys on here that can help further then I can.

·
Registered
89 HB, 93 Legend
262 Posts
I spent almost a year on here reading and searching and this topic has been covered ALOT lol. only in the last 6 mo have I actually started accumulate parts to build my car. Like you i am on a budget but want it to be reliable and fun to drive. I stuck with the N/A route and am about done with the build.

I spent alot of time searching prices, and reading reviews. I started out by tearing the engine down and buying the parts as i needed them or when i found a great deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spent almost a year on here reading and searching and this topic has been covered ALOT lol. only in the last 6 mo have I actually started accumulate parts to build my car. Like you i am on a budget but want it to be reliable and fun to drive. I stuck with the N/A route and am about done with the build.

I spent alot of time searching prices, and reading reviews. I started out by tearing the engine down and buying the parts as i needed them or when i found a great deal.
what did you end up doin and what power are you lookin at?

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
what did you end up doin and what power are you lookin at?
Some of his details are in his build thread, maybe you'd find it if you searched!

I did.

Seriously man, check the FAQ's, read the stickies, and do some digging. Click the link in my sig I basically spoon feed people on how to search.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts