Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Civic & 4Runner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys just looking for some advise on my swap. I dropped a D16Y7 in my 93' Civic DX. I got a D16Y8 head to put on soon. and I already got the Y8 IM (a manual one) put on. But I got lost with all the vacuum lines and sensors. Can someone help me out on where they all connect to on my car. My research says there isn't a Air Intake Temp. Sensor on the Y8 IM. Something different about the ICAV.... 2-wire on my car and 3-wire on the Y8? Something else about the MAP sensor on the TB, my old D15B had it on the TB, but there is another sensor on the Firewall? my car used to be an automatic someone said thats why its there? I'm at a lose, someone explain how to make it work on my car. Ever since the swap my car will idle for 20-30 seconds and die, Driving down the road it will do the same if i'm not on the throttle. I'd appreciate any help at all, Thanks.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
I can only answer a couple questions.

1) The IAT for the Y8 is mounted on the rubber intake hose that mounts between the TB and air box.

2) The Auto Y8's had 3-wire IACV's and the Manual Y8's had a 2-wire IACV. You should have a 2-wire IACV on the back of your mani. So it should plug up fine.

Not sure about the rest of the stuff.

·
Registered
Civic & 4Runner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I found another thread, I guess i need to extend the wires for the IAT to my intake or drill my IM and mount it. and I need to find a D16Z6 or B7 manifold to rob the TB off for the vacuum tube that goes to that ICAV box? I'll figure it out, thanks guys.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
Thanks guys. I found another thread, I guess i need to extend the wires for the IAT to my intake or drill my IM and mount it. and I need to find a D16Z6 or B7 manifold to rob the TB off for the vacuum tube that goes to that ICAV box? I'll figure it out, thanks guys.
you should have done that first instead of posting in the wrong section :dots:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts