Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i bought a 95 DX coupe with a D16y7 with about 200,000 miles on it. After about 3 months the engine blew (had a valve seal leak so ran with no oil). I bought a D16y8 from a friend that included tranny, axles, p2p ecu, and y8 wiring harness with about 150,000 miles on it. I ended up installing the whole engine and all that's left is to wire it up. I was told i had to use my y7 harness but as i was wiring it up there's a lot of plugs that don't fit. I'm not worried about wiring up the V-tec i just miss having a running car. If anyone out there could give me advice on whether i need to solder wires from the y8 harness to the y7 harness or just use the y8 harness on my car it would be much appreciated. I've tried looking it up but all i can find is info on mini me swaps with a y8 head on a y7 body and like i mentioned earlier i put a complete D16y8 engine in. Thanks

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
use the y8 harness it will be tons simpler...you already have everything needed should be just plug and play....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So that def didn't work. The ends on the y8 harness are different from the plugs coming out of the firewall. Anything else i can do?

·
Registered
97 Civic LX
158 Posts
it because it's an obd1 car with a obd2 engine, you'll need a wiring harness adapter (obd2 to obd1) so you can use your obd2 engine in your obd1 car :)

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
your gonna have to use the harness from the car,and switch some stuff around like the injectors,alt and dizzy..you can get an adaptoer harness for the dizzy tho..Rywire - Online Store

·
Registered
123 Posts
which plugs dont fit? if it is obd-1 harness keep your old alternator and swap guts on the distributors and wire up vtec and use a p-28 computer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts