Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you take the rocker arms out of a y8 head and put them in a y5 head to make it work like a y8 head?

·
Registered
167 Posts
why would u wanna do that? the y5 has really small ports.. or u just looking for the smaller combustion chamber?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
why would u wanna do that? the y5 has really small ports.. or u just looking for the smaller combustion chamber?
Wrong same exact head casting

Original poster yes you can but if you have an hx you got a world
more things to do to make it run like a y8.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i did a y7 rockers and cam on a z6 head and it did work. so it might be possible...

Daaaaamn this is the vtec killer of D16z6 head..

Thanks!:bigok:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have a z6 head and i can get a y8 head. I want to convert my hx to a 5 spd because it needs a tranny and if i contvert the y5 to a y8 head i can use a p2p

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I have a z6 head and i can get a y8 head. I want to convert my hx to a 5 spd because it needs a tranny and if i contvert the y5 to a y8 head i can use a p2p
Your gonna need more then just a y8 rocker assmbly and a p2p to make your car run like a y8. The y8 uses a 4 wire o2 sensor the y5 uses a wideband 5 wire o2 sensor so you hav to get the ex harness unless you figure out how to splice the proper connector on. You need a y8 intake manifold 96-98 5spd preferably. The y5 has a egr on the intake the y8 doesnt.
so basically to start you off you need to be on the lookout for a y8 intake mani,p2p,ex harness theres more down the road but baby steps.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can get an a y8 head and a y8 intake manifold for $50 then ill try to make the y5 harness work like an ex harness

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
why go through all the trouble if you could just do a motor swap? a Y8 swap should not cost any more than 300.00 with a trans
i should be able to do the whole 5 spd swap and make it run like a y8 for around $250 instead of spending $300 on a y8 swap, then i still need pedals, master cylinder and clutch line.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im probly about 2 hours away. how much would it cost to get the parts from a junkyard over there?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts